four

⚡️⚡️⚡️

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Winter was coming to Hogwarts. Snow wrapped the grounds like a mother covering her child with a blanket. The icy wind whispered down our backs as we made our way through the grounds to and from classes. Hats were shoved onto heads and scarves were wrapped tightly around necks, as temperatures dropped steadily.

We were on our way to the local village of Hogsmeade as we had a free weekend. "I don't know about you, but I'm so ready to get some warm butterbeer in me," Ron muttered, voice muffled by the knitted scarf around his neck, covering his mouth. I saw the letter "R" written in gold wool, and quickly realised that it was probably made specially for him. "Before we get to that, we have a couple of people that we need to see," Hermione trailed off.

"How many people Hermione?" Harry asked. "Ummm, several?" She asked, rather than stated. When he got to Hogs Head Inn, she opened the door and led us in. We were immediately met by 15 or so people staring back at us.

"You said several," Harry whispered urgently. "This is several," Hermione quipped. "Thank you guys for coming to meet us," she began. Everyone blinked back at her. "I had the idea, that it would be good for people who actually want to learn Defense Against the Dark Arts properly, to do it together. That we should take matters into our own hands. And that Harry here, would teach us."

"Why?" A boy, Zacharias Smith I believe, asked. "Why? Because You-Know-Who's back you tosspot," Ron snapped. "So he says," Zacharias countered, nodding towards Harry. "So Dumbledore says," I quipped. "So he says because he says," Zacharias added, eyeing Harry.

"If we just had a bit more information on what happened to Cedric that night," Ernie Macmillan piped up. "If you've come to hear exactly what it looks like when Voldemort murders someone I can't help you. I don't want to talk about Cedric, all right? So if that's what you're here for, you might as well clear out," Harry stated.

We were met with silence and awkward glances, but no one made a move to stand up.

"Is it true that you can produce a corporeal patronus?" Luna Lovegood asked, eyes shining with wonder. "Yes! Yes he can, I've seen it with my own eyes," Hermione said, slowly starting to smile. "Blimey Harry, I didn't know you could do that!" Dean Thomas exclaimed with wonder.

"Third year he fought off about a hundred dementors by himself!" Ron added.

"Second year he killed the basilisk in the chamber of secrets!" Neville said, happy to be included. The room was soon buzzing with excited murmurs. "A patronus? No way! Some professors can't even do that!" "One hundred dementors? Bloody hell!"

"And last year he really did fight Voldemort. He really did watch him murder Cedric," I stated. The room fell silent as soon as I said his name.

"No enough all of you! Yeah sure I did all of that but in most of those instances I had help," Harry started. "He's just being modest," Hermione interrupted. "No Hermione, I'm not. Look, in school it's different. If you make a mistake you can just try again the next day. But when you're out there, seconds away from losing your life, or watching a friend die....you don't know what that's like," he finished. All eyes were on him as those words left his mouth. No one dared to speak.

"You're right Harry, we don't. Which is why we should be prepared for the worst. Teach us," I said, putting my hand on his shoulder. I noticed Cho staring at it from the corner of my eye. Harry looked up at me before nodding his head. "Okay," he said, smiling slightly.

Hermione quickly produced a sign up sheet. The words Dumbledore's Army were written on the top. People began to line up and write their names on the sheet. "I'm sure you'll schedule meetings around quidditch practise," Angelina stated, as she bent down to write her name. "Of course, don't worry about that," Hermione confirmed.

"I hope you guys know that once your name is on that sheet, you're sworn to secrecy. If Umbridge even gets a whiff of what's going on, we're done for," I spoke, looking at everyone around me. "To put it simply, snitches get stitches losers," Fred added, chuckling to himself, George joining in.

"Yeah so do us and yourselves a favour and keep your lips shut," Ron added. Once everyone had signed, Hermione dismissed us, advising people to leave in twos or threes to avoid suspicion.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Cho beckon Harry over. "Hermione?" I asked, walking over to her. "What's wrong?" Confusion laced her voice. "I was just wondering what's going on between Harry and Cho," I whispered, keeping my head down. Hermione tried and failed miserably to hide the smirk on her lips.

"He's just had a crush on her since 4th year to be honest, but she only seems to be reciprocating the feelings now," she shrugged. "Why?"

"Oh, no reason, just wondering," I trailed off, offering her a smile. "Are you sure?" She asked, a knowing look on her face. I nodded my head, desperately wanting to get out of the conversation.

"Oi! You lot ready to go?" Ron called, standing by the door for us. "Coming Ron," I called, wiggling my eyebrows at Hermione before walking over to him. "Harry, lets go," I beckoned, as Hermione joined us.

".....talk to you later," Harry said, finishing up his conversation with Cho. She nodded her head eagerly, flashing him a smile. "What was that about?" Ron asked, patting his best friend on the back as we walked back out into the snow. "She's just excited about the DA, that's all," he answered, feigning nonchalance.

The redhead gave him a knowing grin before shoving his hands back into his pocket. "Well, at least one good thing came from that meeting," Hermione suddenly said. We all looked at her expectantly. "Cho couldn't take her eyes of you, could she," she winked at Harry.

I couldn't help the sinking feeling in my stomach.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

"MINISTRY SEEKS EDUCATIONAL REFORM – DOLORES UMBRIDGE APPOINTED FIRST EVER HIGH INQUISITOR"

"She's taking over the whole school!" Hermione cried, putting down her copy of The Daily Prophet. "That's not all. Apparently all school clubs and groups have been disbanded," I added.

"Do you think she knows about the DA?" Ron asked, fear in his eyes. "Someone's squealed, I knew it," Harry cursed. "No one's squealed. If they had then we would probably be on the train back to London by now," I stated. "So now what?" He asked.

"So now nothing! We're still doing this. We are not giving up now," Hermione said with finality. Before anyone could say anything Angelina burst into the common room, anger radiating from her. "The Gryffindor quidditch team has been disbanded. Disbanded! And to make matters worse, the Slytherin team is still allowed to play! Merlin help me I will hex that old hag into oblivion!" She seethed, prancing through the common room before walking to the girls dorms.

"Well that's just splendid isn't it," I sighed, flopping into a chair. "She really has taken over the school, hasn't she?"

"Where's Dumbledore when you need him," Harry muttered.

***

this is so short i'm so so sorry! but thank you so much for reading💗
-🌻