thirteen

I watched in horror as Harry writhed against Remus' arms, shaking as tears streamed down his face

I watched in horror as Harry writhed against Remus' arms, shaking as tears streamed down his face. "He's not gone, he'll walk out any moment. Just wait," he said desperately, as he began to calm down. "He can't come back Harry, you don't understand. He can't come back because he's d-" Remus began, before being cut off by a distinct shrill cackle.

"I killed Sirius Black! I killed Sirius Black!" Bellatrix sang as she ran towards the door. Harry suddenly broke out of Lupin's hold and ran after her. "Harry!" I shouted as I sprinted after him, ignoring everyone's protests and dodging away from Remus' hand as he tried to grab me.

"Harry wait!" I yelled, as I ran after him, Bellatrix's cheerful voice filling my ears and sending shiver down my spine. "You coming to get me?"

I soon emerged into the front Atrium, just as I heard the word "Crucio" leave Harry's mouth. Bellatrix was knocked over, as a shriek left her lips. "Harry," I said, looking at him in disbelief, his wand pointed at her as he walked towards her crawling body, ignoring me.

A sharp gasp suddenly left Harry's lips as his hand flew to his forehead. I was beside him in a flash as he squeezed his eyes shut. "Avalon you need to run, find the others," he instructed, his eyes flying open in fear. "What? Why? What did you see?" I asked, confusion etched across my face.

"He's here."

I turned around and saw Voldemort standing in the middle of the room, his wand pointed directly at us. Bellatrix had taken that opportunity to run into one of the fireplaces, escaping.

Harry quickly stood in front of me as he stared Voldemort down, my hand clasped tightly in his.

"I have nothing more to say to you Potter. You have been a thorne in my side for too long. You and all your little friends. For. Too. Long." Voldemort began, eyes narrowing into slits.

"Avada Kedavra!"

I closed my eyes and held on to Harry as I waited for the curse to hit us. But it never did. I reopened my eyes and saw a gold statue in front of us, which blocked the curse, and Dumbledore standing beside us.

He smiled softly at us before turning back to Voldemort. "It was foolish of you to come here tonight Tom. The Aurors are on their way as we speak," Dumbledore spoke slowly, as he stood in front of Harry and I.

Voldemort quickly snapped his hand up and shot a curse at Dumbledore, which he expertly blocked. With a wave of his hand, Harry and I were knocked off our feet and thrown across the room, away from the duel.

I groaned as I knocked my head against the wall, rubbing my scalp with my hand. "Are you ok?" Harry asked, looking at me carefully. "I'm fine, but we need to help," I said, as I got up slowly. We pulled out our wands and ran over to Dumbledore, only to get knocked back again as he waved his hand, while shooting a spell at Voldemort.

Harry swiftly caught me in his hands as we watched the duel from afar. Suddenly, Voldemort stopped fighting. He dropped his hand, and disappeared into dust.

We ran over to Dumbledore as he looked around quickly, the dust spreading across the room.

That's when Harry dropped to the ground. He started writhing around, as sweat formed on his face. Dumbledore and I dropped to our knees as my heart beat wildly in my chest.

"You foolish old man. You're weak, and you will lose," Harry seethed, his eyes resembling that of snakes, as he shook on the ground. I quickly realised that Voldemort had possessed him. He quickly shut his eyes and groaned in pain, as my uncle started whispering to him.

I gripped his hand, offering little comfort as he shook. "No, you're wrong," he began, eyes still screwed shut. "You don't know what it's like to have friendship, or loyalty...or love," he said, opening his eyes and looking at me. "And because of that, you will lose."

Harry groaned again before shutting his eyes and stilling. I looked up and saw Voldemort standing a few metres away from us, and behind him, Aurors emerging from the fireplaces. The Minister of Magic soon appeared, his eyes growing wide as he took in Voldemort's quickly vanishing figure.

"He's back!"

"Told you so," I quipped, glaring at him. Harry gently squeezed my hand and I looked back down at him. He smiled lightly at me, before I engulfed him into a hug. "Are you ok?" I whispered in his ear. "Better now," he spoke, one arm propping him up and the other stroking my back as he held me.

"Avalon! Harry! Are you guys alright!" Hermione asked as our friends ran over to us. "We're fine. What happened to the rest of the Death Eaters?" Harry asked, as I helped him up. "Apparated when you guys ran out of the room," Ron said.

"So what now?" Neville asked, as he nursed a bleeding nose. We paused and looked at each other, the sounds and flashes of cameras echoing throughout the room. "Now, the rest of you will go to the hospital wing to be treated, while I talk to Avalon and Harry in my office," Dumbledore interjected, as he sauntered over and put one arm on my shoulder and one arm on Harry's.

Our friends nodded at us, before turning and leaving the room, members of the Order following them. "If you two don't mind, I think we'll just Apparate back," Dumbledore said, gripping us tightly.

We ignored the shouts of the Minister as we were suddenly pulled through the air, and before long, we had landed in Dumbledore's study.

***

bit of a short chapter, but the next chapter will most likely be that last one! i want to thank you all for 300 reads oh my gosh!!!😍 i would genuinely love to read all your comments, so please feel free to tell me what you think about this book, and if you think i should write a sequel?

-🌻