nine

⚡️⚡️⚡️

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Time was frozen. It was as if the world had faded away, and Harry and I were the only inhabitants left. The sounds of the clock ticking and fire crackling became the new silence, as Harry's lips brushed against mine tentatively. Nervously, almost. As if he was scared on my reaction.

He relaxed as I moved my lips against his, shoulders dropping in relief as his hand rose from my waist to cup my cheek, warming me instantly. My arms stayed around his shoulders, as I deepened the kiss, Harry cupping my jaw.

We broke away later, taking in well needed air, our arms still wrapped around each other. He stared at me, before breaking into a warm smile, me following suit, a laugh escaping my lips. "I had to do that. You wouldn't understand, but I needed to," he began softly.

My eyebrows raised in a confused look, as I waited for him to continue. "Ch-"

The sound of footsteps coming towards the living room snapped us back into reality, as we leapt away from each. "Harry, we have a visitor," Sirius called, a look of annoyance on his face.

Harry nodded, stood up and offered me his hand. I took it as he helped me up, before brushing off my jeans and following him towards the hallway. There stood Professor Snape, looking wearily around him before catching sight of Harry.

"Ahh Mr. Potter. I do hope you're enjoying your holidays," he spoke, looking Harry up and down before his eyes flicked back to me. "Ms. Greene," he nodded. "Professor," I griped, looking at him suspiciously.

"I'm here on account of Dumbledore-"

"What happened? Is he alright?" Harry interrupted. "If you refrained from interrupting me, you would know by now Potter," Snape rolled his eyes.

"He's fine. But he requires that you take Occlumency lessons with me in the new year," he continued. "Am I supposed to know what that is?" Harry asked, and I couldn't help but snort. "I have no energy to entertain your idiocy tonight Potter, let's not get carried away," Snape sighed, as if he was bored of the conversation.

"You'd know all about people being idiots, ay Snivellus?" Sirius murmured, however Snape clearly heard him, because he sent a foul glare at him.

"Occlumency, is the magical defence of the mind against external penetration," Snape explained, ignoring Sirius' comment. "If I hear you you're using these lessons to give Harry a hard time, I promise you, you'll be sorry," Sirius warned.

"Not to worry, the boy is so arrogant that criticism simply rolls off him," Snape smirked.

"Want to say that again?" Sirius asked, pulling his wand out. "Now now Black, we wouldn't want the ministry finding out your whereabouts, do we?" Snape asked, barely moving.

I felt Harry grab my hand and slowly pull me away from the two men, pushing me behind his back. The kitchen door suddenly opened and all the Weasleys bustled out. "What on earth is going on here! Sirius put your wand away! Grown men duelling in front of children! Have you misplaced your minds?!" Mrs. Weasley shouted.