Chapter six

Today is the day. Blaine's Glee club audition is after school today and he hasn't been this nervous since he first sang in front of people. It wasn't just the try out but that he'll be singing he's own original song.

"I think I'm gonna pass out" Blaine told Rachel when he saw her at the parking lot.

"What? Why?" she asked confused.

"It's just the audition, I'm really nervous" Blaine admitted.

"Relax, I have the feeling you're gonna do really well" Rachel tried to calm him down.

"Thank you" Blaine said very grateful "uhm, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure, what is it?"

"Can Kurt come to see me auditioning?" Blaine asked "I know he has a weird relationship with everyone in Glee club, but he wants to listen to me."

"Oh, he told you" she said with a disappointed face, she was not expecting that question "Yeah, he can come, it'll be in the auditorium so there's plenty of space. Also I've seen how much you like him so if that would make you happy he's totally invited" she winked at him and then they both started laughing.

"I- I don't like him" Blaine muttered while laughing.

"Sure you don't" Rachel agreed sarcastically "I have to go to class, see you at lunch!"

Blaine went to his locker and when he was heading to the lab he saw Karofsky talking to Kurt, well not talking, Kurt looked terrified. If he was threatening Kurt, Blaine will stop it.

"Is he bothering you Kurt?" Blaine asked.

"This is not your business Anderson" Karofsky said, steeping away from Kurt since Blaine was between them.

"I was talking to Kurt, is he bothering you?" he asked again.

"Blaine, let it go. It's okay" Kurt replied shyly.

"Come on, I'll walk you to class" Blaine said and they left Karofsky alone in the corridor "are you sure you're okay?" he asked once they were alone.

"Yeah, it was nothing I can't handle" Kurt answered.

"If it would be something more serious you know you can tell me, right?" Blaine said gently.

"I know" they already were at Kurt's class so he got in and Blaine went to the lab where he had chemistry.

His lab partner was Sam, he loved it. Sam has been one of the only guys who has treated him the best since he got there. He really enjoyed talking to him. He could even say he was his best friend.

"Hey Blaine!" Sam screamed when he saw Blaine coming in the classroom "I'm excited about you audition today, are you nervous?"

"Yes, you have no idea" Blaine said, he tried to make it sound like he was kind of joking but he was truly scared.

"Really? You always seem so confident, I thought you'd have it under control"

"Is not that, I'm going to sing a song that I wrote by myself and Kurt's gonna be there and I just don't know, I don't want to screw it up"

"Wait, you wrote a song to sing to Kurt. That's really romantic" Sam said "But seriously, don't worry, you'll do great"

"You think it's romantic?" Blaine asked "I haven't told this to anyone, but that song I wrote, it's for Kurt" Blaine confessed shyly. It was the first time he said it out loud -he wrote a song just for Kurt- maybe Rachel was right and he was developing deeper feelings for Kurt.

"I think he'll love it, I haven't listened to it but I've listened to you sing and if you write as well as you sing it's going to be amazing" Sam said, Blaine really appreciated that, Sam calmed him down and cheered him up.

The rest of the day went through without any interesting events. He met Rachel and the Glee club members for lunch, who kept asking him about his audition and he barely saw Kurt. But the bell rang, meaning the last period was over, meaning too it was time for his audition.

"Are you going to the auditorium?" someone asked him as he came out of his last class. He turned around and saw Kurt.

"Yes, you wanna come with me?" Kurt nodded and they walked together to the auditorium. When they arrived everyone was already there.

"I think I'm going to sit as far as everybody as possible" Kurt joked, Blaine loved how he seemed happier lately.

"Blaine are you ready?" Mr. Schue asked.

"Yeah" he sat in front of the piano and started playing the first chords.

I've been alone
Surrounded by darkness
I've seen how heartless
The world can be
I've seen you crying
You felt like it's hopeless
I'll always do my best
To make you see
Baby, you're not alone
'Cause you're here with me
And nothing's ever gonna bring us down
'Cause nothing can keep me from lovin' you
And you know it's true
It don't matter what'll come to be
Our love is all we need to make it through...
Now I know it ain't easy
But it ain't hard trying
Everytime I see you smiling
And I feel you so close to me...
And you tell me:
Baby, you're not alone
'Cause you're here with me
And nothing's ever gonna bring us down
'Cause nothing can keep me from lovin' you
And you know it's true
It don't matter what'll come to be
Our love is all we need to make it through...
I still have trouble
I trip and stumble
Trying to make sense of things sometimes...
I look for reasons
But I don't need 'em
All I need is to look in your eyes
And I realize...
Baby, I'm not alone
'Cause you're here with me
And nothing's ever gonna take us down
'Cause nothing can keep me from lovin' you
And you know it's true
It don't matter what'll come to be
Our love is all we need to make it through...
Oh, 'cause you're here with me
And nothing's ever gonna bring us down
Cause nothing, nothing, nothing
Can keep me from lovin' you
And you know it's true
It don't matter what'll come to be
You know our love is all we need
Our love is all we need
To make it through.

Everyone clapped and cheered when Blaine finished but he wasn't looking at the Glee kids, he was looking at Kurt who was apart from the rest, who was also crying. Kurt was crying because of Blaine's song, because he knew that song was for him, because he really listened to every word Blaine pronounced but most important, he was crying because it was the first time ever someone not just dedicated but even wrote a song for him. And Blaine knew all of that, just by looking at Kurt he knew.

He got in, Mr. Schue didn't had to think about it, he accepted Blaine immediately and everyone came up to the stage to hug him, everyone but the person he really wanted to hug.