Chapter twelve

"Come with me" Blaine said taking Kurt's hand "It's gonna be great, don't worry, everyone will love to see you in Glee club again!"

"I'm kinda nervous to be honest, I haven't sung seriously in a long time" Kurt admitted but he was actually really excited to join again.

"You're adorable when you get nervous" Blaine was looking at Kurt's eyes, they were truly beautiful, and so was Kurt "I've heard you sing almost everyday at home, you are really good and your voice is perfect, you have nothing to worry about"

"Okay, yeah you're right" he smiled.

"Come inside!" Blaine, who was still holding his hand, took Kurt into the choir room.

Everyone was already there and they started to welcome Kurt back. He felt really good to be here again, he missed the feeling of having people who always have your back, no matter what. He felt loved in that room, and that was something he really missed.

Everyone sat down except for Kurt who stood up next to Mr. Schue.

"Kurt you want to say something before we begin, right?" Mr. Schue asked.

"Yeah, I know I don't have to audition since I already was a member of the Glee club, but I still want to sing something, as a coming back song"

Look at this stuff
Isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl
The girl who has ev'rything?
Look at this trove
Treasures untold
How many wonders can one cavern hold?
Lookin' around here you'd think
(Sure) she's got everythingI've got gadgets and gizmos aplenty
I've got whozits and whatzits galore
(You want thingamabobs?
I got twenty)
But who cares?
No big deal
I want moreI want to be where the people are
I want to see
want to see 'em dancin'
Walkin' around on those
(Whad'ya call 'em?) oh - feet
Flippin' your fins you don't get too far
Legs are required for jumpin', dancin'
Strollin' along down a
(What's that word again?) streetUp where they walk
Up where they run
Up where they stay all day in the sun
Wanderin' free
Wish I could be
Part of that world

Everyone was already singing along with Kurt, as one, as they used to.

What would I give
If I could live
Outta these waters?
What would I pay
To spend a day
Warm on the sand?
Betcha on land
They understand
Bet they don't reprimand their daughters
Bright young women
Sick o' swimmin'
Ready to standAnd ready to know what the people know
Ask 'em my questions
And get some answers
What's a fire and why does it
(What's the word?) burn?When's it my turn?
Wouldn't I love
Love to explore that shore above?
Out of the sea
Wish I could be
Part of that world

As he finished everyone cheered and laugh, Finn stood up and walked to Kurt.

"Now guys, that is a coming back. Welcome back Kurt!" they hugged and just a few seconds the hug was a group hug. Blaine walked back for a second so he could admire Kurt, he looked so proud and Kurt seemed really happy.

----------------------------------------------------

"You sang beautifully. I'm so glad you rejoined Glee club" Blaine softly kissed Kurt "I was so proud to be with you, when you were singing"

"I hope so. I want you to be" his voice cracked a little bit, and a tear came down his cheek. Blaine cleaned it and kissed Kurt again.

"About that, I've been thinking" Blaine suddenly said.

Kurt looked at Blaine, he seemed like he had a strange new confidence on himself  "What have you been thinking about?"

"I'm the happiest I've been in years, the happiest I have ever been actually. And there's nothing or no one who could ruin it. Not even my father, I want to make us official, I'm not scared, not anymore" he made a short pause "I love you Kurt Elizabeth Hummel, I love you more than anything, and I don't want to hide this love" he finished. It was the first time he said and he had to admit he was nervous Kurt didn't love him back, but he regretted nothing.

Kurt didn't know what to say, not because he didn't feel the same way towards Blaine but because it happened, that made it real, more real than anything has ever been.

"I love you too Blaine" Kurt finally answered "and I'd love for us to be official" he smiled.

"You- you do?" Blaine stutter.

"Yes. I want to walk hand in hand down the hallway where everyone can see us, and I want to kiss you in front of everyone when I'm not going to see you for one period, and I want to walk you to every class you have and have lunch with you everyday. I'm not afraid either" Kurt had never felt prouder to say anything more than he was feeling at that moment "and you deserve to be loved openly, because as far as I'm concerned, you are the best person on the whole world"

They blended in a passionate kiss, but it felt different to the other kisses they had, it didn't feel... forbidden. Nothing had changed really, but it felt like everything had changed. And it was a good thing.

----------------------------------------------------

They went to Lima Bean after school. Somehow it felt like the place where it all started, it was a special place and they wanted to create new memories just as special. They drank coffee -Blaine a medium drip and Kurt a nonfat mocha, as always- they talked for hours and they had fun, just enjoying the company of each other.

"Oh hey Blaine, be careful, we wouldn't like him to turn you into a faggot. Because, you know, we'd have to kick you out of the team if you were" Karofsky suddenly appeared in front of the two boys. 

Kurt panicked for a second, maybe it wasn't the right choice, maybe they shouldn't be open about it. Blaine didn't seem bother, he was calm, and ready to respond.

"If I can't be in the team because I have coffee with Kurt who, by the way, is my boyfriend I won't be in it. I don't want to be part of a team who live in the eighteenth century, and to be honest I don't give a fuck about what you or the rest of the team thinks about me or about Kurt or about us two because it's none of your business so if you wanna make my life impossible because I'm dating a boy go ahead, nothing you can do can change who I am" Blaine finished with a sarcastic smile "Come on Kurt, let's go home" and they both stood up and walked out of the coffee shop.

Karofsky was paralyzed, he didn't expect any of that to turn out that way and he didn't know what to answer. He watched the two boys leave holding hands and he thought it was disgusting, he knew for sure he'd tell everyone.

"What was that?" Kurt asked while laughing once they were on the car.

"He needed to be put in his place" he laughed too "and I told you, nothing or no one can ruin the happiness I feel for being with you"