Chapter fourteen

"Where is he?!" Kurt came in to the hospital running and screaming .

"Hey, calm down. You can't see him" Mr. Schue grabbed him to stop him.

"No, no you don't understand it, I have to see him" Kurt sobbed as he was almost falling to the floor "please let me see him" he screamed again. Everyone on the waiting room were looking at them.

"He's in surgery. He lost a lot of blood, Kurt he's in a very critical state" Mr. Schue said as clam as he could so Kurt felt better, though in those circumstances it was difficult.

"What do you mean? When is he gonna wake up?" Kurt asked confused.

"They don't know if- if he's gonna wake up" his voice cracked in the middle of the sentence.

"No, he's gonna wake up and he's gonna get well and I'll be there when that happens" Kurt said, not because he thought that but because he needed something to believe in.

"Kurt there's another thing" Mr. Schue said, looking at the floor, avoiding eye contact with Kurt.

"Wh- what?" Kurt was still crying -what else could be happening?- he didn't understand what was going on.

"His parents, well his father, doesn't want you to see him so you can wait here if you want, but they told the doctors not to give you any new. I called you because I thought you had the right to know, but staying here would just be a waste of your time since they won't tell you anything" Mr. Schue explained.

"I can't leave him alone, even if I can't see him" he run towards the doors of the operations room but Will caught him "I can't leave him, I can't!" he was screaming and crying so much.

"I'm sorry sir, but please stay in silence as there are people ill here" a nurse told them.

"Sorry, I understand" Mr. Schue said "Come on outside Kurt"

They sat on the floor while Mr. Schue was waiting until Kurt was calmer. He was still crying and was having difficulties to breathe. 

"Look Kurt, I know you want to be here but there's nothing you can do here. Why don't you go to school to try to distract yourself? Or stay at home and have some sleep, okay? I'll let you know if there is any new" Kurt looked at him begging to stay with tears in his eyes "I'll drive you home" 

Mr. Schue didn't leave much choice, just a few minutes later they arrived to Kurt's house. The teacher helped him take what he needed for school and drove him there for the second period.

----------------------------------------------------

He hasn't said a word, he can't distract himself with anything. He saw Rachel but he avoided her, and Mr. Schue hasn't showed up yet which has Kurt even more worry. It was lunch time and he was afraid he had to talk to everyone, because apparently no one else knew what had happened. Though Kurt himself wasn't really sure about what happened.

"Hey Kurt!" Sam shouted when he saw him coming in the cafeteria. Kurt tried to ignore him and walked away but Sam insisted.

Everyone was talking as if everything was fine and it seemed like no one had noticed Blaine wasn't there, which made Kurt sick, did they not care or what?

"Kurt you're really quiet today" Rachel said pushing him softly in the arm.

"Wait, where's Blaine?" Sam suddenly realized.

Kurt looked up from his plate and couldn't help it but started to cry. Everyone was looking at him very confused but Kurt couldn't explained what happened, not without choking.

"Is he okay?" Rachel and Sam asked at the same time. The only thing Kurt could do was shake his head as a way of saying 'no'.

They all were looking at Kurt but they didn't ask anything else, they saw the look in Kurt's eyes saying he wouldn't be able to say a word. He actually looked pale and he hadn't eaten anything of his meal.

----------------------------------------------------

After school finished he walked home as his car was at home because Mr. Schue drove him in the morning.

He threw his bag and took the car keys and drove to the hospital where he knew Rachel, Finn and Sam would be. He arrived and walked to the waiting room, he didn't know anything about Blaine's state -was he still in surgery or was he awake?- and that made everything worse for him.

"Hi Kurt" Finn greeted him.

"Do you know anything?" Kurt interrupted.

"His mother told us he came out of surgery an hour ago but he's not awake" Finn explained.

"They don't know when he'll wake up, I think they said his in a- in a coma" Rachel continued.

When Kurt heard it -'coma'- he almost felt himself fainted. This couldn't be happening, no, it was just a bad dream, a nightmare. He'll wake up and Blaine would be next to him as always. He told himself that, but he knew it was true, the kind of pain he had was real.

The four kids sat there all afternoon, all the time in silence, until they decided to leave at 8 pm. All of them except Kurt, he remained there in complete silence. 

"You must be Kurt, right?" a woman asked. Kurt looked up to her, who was standing right in front of him.

"Uhm yeah" he answered.

"I've seen you here all day, and I saw you this morning" the woman said "I'm Pamela by the way, Blaine's mother" she introduced herself.

"Why won't you let me see him?" he asked without thinking first.

"I'm sorry kid, I'd let you but his father doesn't want to" Pam said as nicely as she could "I know how much he loves you, he's lucky to have you" she smiled and then walked back to the damn doors he couldn't cross.

He waited a few more hours hoping anyone would tell him anything, but after a while he couldn't stay awake any longer, he didn't want to go but he didn't want to sleep in the hospital either. Specially if he knew no one would inform him about anything. He didn't really know how was Blaine and that was killing him so he just hoped that falling asleep would help him forget for at least a few hours.