Chapter 9 "Double Date"

"I knew it," father slams his fists onto the counter as I inform him on everything Amoret said during her phone call last night.

"We need to tap her phone," father adds.

"I don't think that's a good idea. Amoret isn't as clueless as she presents herself to be. She'll be checking that phone religiously. The cameras should be enough to monitor her while she's at my place," I respond.

"You're right son. At least we have something to work with. You need to figure out her relationship with Ramonov. There's definitely conflict and if we figure out what that conflict is. You can use that to flip her," father confidently explains.

"So what that means little boss is to start taking her on dates and spend a lot of time with her. Bitches love that," Luna utters.

"Lucky me," I roll my eyes knowing I must do exactly that just to get my hands on that information.

"Romanov and you are definitely in a rat race," Luna says to father.

"He won't win," father responds.

Suddenly, a knock is heard on the door breaking our attention. The door opens revealing my mother who has a smile on her face as usual. I watch as my father lovingly gazes at her like he always does. My father is a man who can hides his emotions and feelings to the point he'll have you questioning if he even has a heart, but as soonest he sees my mother his love for her blossoms for everyone to see.

That's one of the many things I've always valued from my parents. Their love, it's real and strong. To be honest, I have no damn clue on how my mother fell for my father. They're so different from one another. However, that love they have for one another makes them as one.

"Breakfast is ready," she informs us as she gazes for a quick second towards my father before she closes the door.

"Madison has come a long way. From the days she burnt food to now being a bomb ass cook," Luna jokingly says causing us all to laugh.

"At least some redeemed themselves unlike you who still can't cook for shit even if your life depended on it," father says as he smirks.

"Why you gotta do me like that Leo?," Luna squints her eyes at him flipping him off as she exits the room. All of us following behind her.

-
-

"Have you clapped her yet?," Israel asks as we head count the inventory.

"No."

"That's surprising," he responds as he places the heavy order on the floor into the warehouse.

"She isn't my type," I blankly say.

"And what exactly is your type?," Israel asks as he squints his eyes showing his sarcasm. I chuckle before responding, "definitely not getting involved with nemesis."

"I'm pretty sure as part as wrapping her around your finger means getting yourself into her," Israel teases.

"Turns out Romanov's daughter is a virgin. She's into marriage and all that commitment bull," I inform him.

"Damn they did you wrong. That's fucking boring," he responds letting out a light chuckle.

"Yeah even more that I have to spend quality time with her," I annoyedly quote quality time with my fingers.