Chapter 14 "War"

Leo Junior's pov

"You know you can't avoid our parents for long," Aviana utters as I wait outside for Rios to come meet me. After what happened the other day there's no way I want to be anywhere near my parents. I have no clue how I'll be able to look them in the eyes after all I know.

"Watch me," I grumble.

"What's so bad that has you treating them like enemies? We're Castillos and we stick together no matter what," Aviana sternly responds as she crosses her arms across her chest.

I roll my eyes at her comment as it reminds me about our father. It amazes me how much my sister is his replica. I remain silent not wanting to say anything I'll regret later. Just because the image of my parents is now ruined doesn't mean it should be as well for my sister. If my parents ever decide to tell her then that'll be on them, but not on me.

"It was that bitch wasn't it?," Aviana bluntly grumbles.

"Who? Amoret? No," I respond.

"Since she's came there's been trouble. If I have to execute anyone just know I will," she warns with the same look my father throws when things need to be taken care of. When I say she's his replica I mean it.

"You ain't doing none of that calm your ass down," I mutter.

"Aviana your mother is asking for you," Rios utters as he makes his way towards us. Aviana nods as she runs back into the house.

"We got to keep a close eye on that one. She's sounding a lot like my father each day," I say. Rios lets out a light chuckle before steering the subject.

"Before we start I just want to say that eventually you need to be a man and face your father," Rios pointedly says.

"I'm more of a man already compared to him," I grumble rolling my eyes as soon I think about what that term man really means in this lifestyle.

"Look I'm no one to tell you what to do nor how to think. However, I will say our background isn't hugs and kisses that you kids nowadays grow up with. Give an ear before judging," Rios calmly says. I stay silent only nodding at his words. However, at this moment I'm not here for that, so I'll give time to that later.

"Amoret turned," I murmur steering the subject. Rios's green eyes widen not expecting such news this quick.

"What she say?"

Flashback starts now

I stand frozen as she mentions that she's ready to talk. All I can think is that this is way too easy. How does a complete stranger that was born into and raised by the mafia as I was just want to suddenly spill the beans about the plans of her Russian family. Everything about this is too suspicious and not mafia like. However, I play along interested about what she has to say.

Amoret is seated on my bed looking pale as she silently battles with herself. I can see she is debating whether to tell me or not or simply on how to tell me. She takes in a deep breathe before saying, "the reason for a sudden alliance between your father and mine is because the loss of arms connect. You see your father is notorious for his arms dealing. With the bad blood history between the Romanovs and Castillos it was clear that your father wouldn't blink an eye, so that's why our arranged marriage came into play. An alliance that brings two mafias together."

"It doesn't make sense your great grandfather stole the Chinese connect from my great grandfather. What do you mean there's loss of arms connect?," I question confusedly.

"We're at war with them as we speak," she murmurs. My eyes widen not expecting this to be the reason.

"At war?," I crease my brows.