Chapter 17 "Report"

Lights beam brightly upon the crowd almost to the point it's blinding. Everything is white, pure white as I find myself walking down the aisle. Everyone smiles widely as they throw red pedals towards my direction. I watch as these very same pedals fall onto the floor as I pass by.

Confusion and numbness clouds my mind, but despite it I keep walking forward

Confusion and numbness clouds my mind, but despite it I keep walking forward. At the altar stands the heir to the throne. The prince of it all the man that is amazingly handsome.

He stands firmly suited in a all dark burgundy attire almost resembling the color of blood. His button up shirt underneath is black. His emerald green eyes stare at me as I approach him. For some reason the numbness within me starts to fade only focusing on his eyes. They're breathtaking I must admit. Being the underboss of such a dominant mafia I'm sure he's seen too much for a soul to bear, but somehow the windows to his soul still express tenderness in the oddest way. He isn't like the rest that's for sure, he's different.

All eyes are on us as he extends his hand out to me, which I'm embrace willingly within my own hand. Feeling the warmth of his hand relaxes me and at the same time consumes me. The both of us stand across from one another as a unknown individual comes forth with a book. His voice is heard, but from a distance as I remain in sync with the man standing in front of me. Suddenly, I break my focus as everyone stands. I feel hands around my waist as I'm being pulled forward gently. I don't protest at all knowing who it is. My eyes lock with his loving his touch on my body. He smiles as he leans forward to kiss me. I do the same wanting to get lost within those lips of his I'm starting to really enjoy.

Claps and cheering are heard as we pull back breaking our kiss. Opening my eyelids, my stomach drops suddenly feeling nauseous taking a few steps back. Standing in front of me is Graudyn with the evilest smirk on his face. My eyes wonder around the room seeing everyone slaughtered then I see underboss laying on the ground with his neck sliced. I scream my lungs out as my knees become weak no longer being able to support my body weight as I fall to my knees helplessly. That's when I notice something slimy and wet on my palms of my hands. Lifting both hands up I see blood from what seems to be pouring from underneath my dress.

Fluttering my eyes open I breathe heavily as I sit up on the bed. It takes a few breathes before I realize it was just a dream nothing more. I get out of bed to rinse my face to refresh myself a bit. Patting my face dry I look in the mirror.

"You got this," I murmur.

"Nice panties," a soft feminine voice utters from behind me causing me to turn around quickly.

On the doorframe stands Aviana as her dark straightened hair lays flatly looking shiny. Her dark eyes piercing at me as if she's trying to see through me. Having nothing else to cover myself with I place the small towelette in front my bikini area.