Chapter 20 "Trap Appointment"

It's been two days since the bloodshed war occurred. Kira survived the wound that could have been fatal. We're now back in California staying under Mr. Castillo's roof, which still makes me uneasy. Me being here already has made him on edge, but now with Kira here it has gotten him worse due the amount surveillance we constantly have around. Which is natural for him to do, but uncomfortable for us.

"For being the enemy, they're definitely attentive," Kira says breaking me away of my thoughts. Kira has been recovering nicely with restrictions while she heals. Underboss and Israel hired a nurse to clean after the wound and change the bandages every day, which is really a kind gesture from them considering who we are. For Russians, if the tables were turned it wouldn't be that way whatsoever especially when such hostility is involved.

"As crazy as it may sound, I've felt the safest here than at Moscow," I truthfully admit to Kira. Kira looks at me in silence. We both know we're walking dead right now. Our days on this earth is ticking if we don't formulate a plan that can get us out both alive

"You have to deliver what you were told," Kira says with seriousness within her tone and facial expression.

"Are you really saying that right now?," I raise a brow a bit bothered by what I initially was sent here for.

"Shit is fucked up right now, but I rather have you alive than dead you hear me?," she responds.

"None of it went according to plan. I had to play by my own game. Now here I am with a target on my back. Not like it's anything new," I breathe all at once realizing how much I was holding regarding frustration. The plan Romanov wanted me to play along with wasn't working with underboss. So I had to develop an entire new approach, but something changed along the process. Underboss isn't exactly what was painted of him. What I thought he was like. He's different and that's something I can use to my advantage.

"But this time he will kill you. I'm sure if you turn him in or even his father you will be pardoned," Kira advices as she lays on the bed seeming a bit tensed.

"I-"

"Really think about it Amoret. Bringing in either of the male Castillos will get you pardoned. You will be freed as promised," Kira cuts me off leaving me to process what she is advising for me to do. I stay silent thinking over and over again what she just said. There's many routes to take at this point, but the question is which one is the right one to take?

-
-

"So how are you going to help me with Romanov?," underboss asks as he steps into our room. It's been an entire day without seeing him due to him being away, and this is the first he says after coming back from wherever he was at. I stay silent going over what to say.

"It won't be easy to go straight on like that, but I can try to take out one by one of his minions," I respond as I get off from the bed to face him. I can tell he's had a rough day through how he's talking to me.

"So what I'm hearing is that you are bullshitting about handing over Romanov?," another voice utters from behind underboss. As underboss steps away seeming a bit annoyed. Mr. Castillo steps into the room with us.

"I'm not Mr. Castillo, what I told your son still stands. It's just I have to work differently considering I have a target on my back. If I'm dead I'm no good use to you," I respond as I watch both Castillos observe me.

"We can start with Dimitry," a feminine voice speaks as we all acknowledge her sudden presence.

Mrs. Castillo.

"You don't have to be a part of this," Mr. Castillo says with such care for her. I must admit, I enjoy watching these two around one another. Witnessing Mr. Castillo be gentle and soft with her it's almost as if he's another person. I assume this is what love is about.

"I want too and need to be in order to protect my family. The sooner we can take them down the better for me. So we're starting with the easier target," Mrs. Castillo responds.

She then turns towards me, "Will you be able to set him up?,"

"Yes, Kira will do exactly that," I say knowing Kira is going to throw a fit once she knows what I signed her up to do.

"Bringing in Dimitry will ensure Graudyn to come after him. And from Graudyn follows my uncle Ivanov and the rest leaving Romanov," I add.

"Let the war begin," Underboss says as the three of us stand firmly agreeing to the plan we all must play a crucial role in. If only I knew then how crucial of a role I had in all of this.

-
-

"How could you do such a thing?," Kira grumbles as she paces back and forth.

"I don't have much to play with let alone alliances Kira. Don't you forget the situation we're both in. We need the Castillos for our survival. For our way out of this," I sternly explain.

"And how the heck am I going to lure my rapist Amoret?," Kira sarcastically questions as she rolls her eyes at me.

"I'm sorry, for putting you through this, but this is your role for us to take down the ones that are threats to us Kira."

Kira is fuming silently as she crosses her arms across her chest tapping her right foot up and own onto the carpet floor before saying, "promise me one thing?"

"What?," I respond.

"I'll be the one to put a bullet into that mother fucker's head."

I nod my head mentally noting to talk about that part with underboss. I hand the cell phone Mr. Castillo handed me yesterday over to Kira, so she can arrange the trap for Dimitry. She takes in a deep breath as she dials then exhales as the rings starts. Dimitry answers almost immediately.

"It's Kira, I have Castillo's daughter. In return I want clearance," Kira says.

"Why the fuck would I want to work with you after you all took out our people?," Dimitry angrily responds.

"I had nothing to do with that as I was stabbed left to die you know? Betrayed by my so called people," Kira grumbles. I stomp my foot down getting her attention reminding her why we're calling in the first place. She rolls her eyes flipping me off.

"I got you Castillo's daughter and you know how worthy that is to Romanov. If you hand her in yourself you know you will be promoted to higher ranks within his table." Kira says knowing Dimitry's hunger for power and a potential seat at Romanov's table. The perfect pressure for someone who's greedy for authority.

There's silence for a few seconds until he responds, "what's in it for you?"

"My name cleared that's all," Kira says so convincingly.

"I'll call you tomorrow for a time and place," Dimitry mutters on the phone before the call cuts off.

As soon as the call is cut by Dimitry's end. The door opens widely as the Castillos enter the room. Of course they would be close enough to hear the conversation making sure everything is going accordingly to their plan.

"The trap is in full effect. There's no turning back from this," underboss says as he looks at me. Unable to read his emotions I look away unsure of where him and I stand. After all a lot has happened since we were last together. However, there's more crucial things going on for me to focus on due to my survival depending on it.