Chapter 12: The Day After

Mimi opened her eyes and looked over to see Sora sitting on a chair looking out the window. She felt confused at why she would be there considering they weren't exactly friends, then again she was confused at why SHE was here.

"What happened?" She asked and Sora's head turned and looked at her.

"Oh you're awake." She smiled. "That's good, you're really lucky you know. The doctor said if we had gotten you in even a half hour later you could've been a goner."

"But why am I in the hospital? And why are you here?" she asked.

Sora scrunched her face together. "You overdosed Mimi. I found you in the bathroom lying on the floor unconsious. I came here with you, Tai, and Matt who are trying to get in contact with your parents as we speak. Oh by the way the doctor thinks I'm your sister...they don't allow non family members in as of right now."

"I overdosed! Oh my god everyone's going to think I'm suicidal!" Mimi shrieked holding her aching head.

"Well are you?"

"NO! I was just trying to fasten the pace of loosing some weight." she said softly feeling horrible about herself.

"Why are you so stuck on this loosing weight thing? Because you friends tell you, you need to? Mimi those aren't friends and especially healthy ones considering you're in the hospital because you were trying to please them." Sora told her shaking her head. "In all honesty you are perfectly skinny and pretty so stop trying to please others, you're wrecking your life."

"You don't understand..." Mimi whispered. "You don't know what it's like to be me."

"To be you? Mimi have you ever even thought about how other peoples lives work? You are not the only one with problems. You have a home with a family and you can get an education, while tons of teens are living off the streets. We are so lucky."

Mimi looked out the window resting her head on her pillow. Was she really that selfish? She did have a pretty good life, maybe not the best of friends but she could change that if she really wanted to. "Hey Sora?"

"Yeah"

"Thanks for saving my life" she looked at her feeling guilty that a girl she had been a bitch to was sitting here with her to make sure she was okay.

Sora smiled again. "Anytime"

...

"Did you get a hold of her parents?" Tai asked sitting on a chair in the waiting room. He was extremely tired considering it was two in the morning but none of them wanted to leave Mimi in the hospital alone.

"Yeah and guess what they are on vacation on some island! Unbelievable right? They just leave their 17 year old daughter alone while they go off." Matt said sitting down next to Tai.

Tai sighed. "Well I hope at the very least they're on their way back."

"Yeah" Matt said shrugging. "They're worried and all even though I told them she was fine but still..."

"Yeah, my parents would never leave like that."

"No wonder she's so messed up. I mean sure they give her whatever she wants but I think what a person really needs is love. I mean I know that's what I wanted when my parents split up and my mom took Tk. It's hard but if you just give the kid whatever they want to settle every problem they're gonna become screwed up." Matt told him shrugging again.