Chapter 20: Please Believe Me

Mimi sat on Tai's couch next to Izzy with her head on his shoulder. Tai was dancing around the room with a freshmen that looked like a minature version of him singing "We're state champions, we're state champions!"

"I still can't believe you did that back there." Izzy said looking down at the girl.

"Why?" she asked in a giggle.

"Because you were so dead against it before."

"Well I guess I just came to my senses." she smiled at him and snuggled closer not paying any attention to the after party going on around them.

"I'm glad." he said hugging her.

She looked up. "But you do realize that you have to wear a pink Tai to the winter formal next week!" she said seriously.

He rolled his eyes. "Lovely, and is it really December next week?"

"Yup!" she said pleased putting her head back down on his shoulder.

"Wow" he said in awe.

...

"Tai stop dancing for like two minutes, you're giving me a headache!" Matt complained as Tai and Davis continued to cheer.

"You didn't get stuck riding with him the whole ride back to his house..." Sora said also complaining. "He was singing we are the champions."

"Hey I'm good at singing!" Tai said after he finished jumping around the room.

"Tai I think I need a hearing aid after that perfomance..." Sora said jokingly.

...

Yolie sat on Kari's bed as Kari paced around her room. "Do you realize he is outside in my living room?" Kari said panicing.

"Yes, you've mentioned it quite a few times now." Yolie told her raising her eyebrows. "Why don't you go see what he's up too?" she smirked.

"Yolie I can't do that!" Kari said still pacing around her room.

"Why not? We'll find something really cute to put you in and then have you go out there like BAM I'M HOT!"

"Yolie!"

"It's a good idea!"

"Ugh!" Kari said falling on her bed beside her. "Did he really have to come here?"

"Well he is Davis' best friend..." Yolie said shrugging.

"Well the party should die down soon, then he can leave." Kari said stubbornly.

Yolie sighed. "Okay fine, be like that. I have to get home I got curfew I'll talk to you later 'kay?"

"Okay" Kari said giving her friend a small wave as she left her room.

...

Tk pulled Davis aside. "Have you seen Kari anywhere?" he shouted over the music.

"What?"

"HAVE YOU SEEN KARI?"

"Oh no, why you yelling? She's got to be around her somewhere she does live here." he said.