Chapter 13: Love with the unexpected

"KARI OPEN THE DOOR!" Yolie screamed knocking furiously on the front door of Kari's apartment. She was extremely worried about her considering she had not answered one phone call or come to school that day.

Finally the door opened and Kari appeared with messy hair and in pjs.

"Wow...what the hell happened to you?" Yolie asked looking at her.

"I got stood up that's what happened." Kari said walking inside the house leaving the door open for Yolie to come in.

Yolie came in and shut the door behind her. "What? Tk stood you up? That's impossible he's totally not that kind of guy and he's crazy about you! His friend Davis told me so!"

"Well his friend Davis was clearly wrong because look at the facts...he never showed up and I sat outside looking like an idiot." she shook her head madly. "I was just so stupid."

"I'm sorry Kari, you'll find someone better." Yolie said trying to comfort her.

"I hate that line..." Kari commented looking to her side while the two sat on the couch.

"I just don't understand this...it's got to be Erin's doing!" she said shaking her head.

"Yolie, Erin didn't force Tk not to show up. She didn't tell him to pretend to like me only to hurt me. For once we cannot blame Erin." Kari said.

"Yeah I know...but it feels good to blame her doesn't it?"

Kari laughed for the first time all day. "You're a good friend Yolie."

"Thanks that's a relief." Yolie said smiling. "After the no answering phone calls I thought you hated me."

"Sorry I just didn't want to talk..." Kari said softly.

"Well tomorrows a new day dude. We'll confront Tk and tell him what we really think of him." she said encouragingly.

Kari smiled but inside all she wanted was Tk to show up at her doorstep with flowers begging for her forgivness.

...

Izzy stood in front of the door of the hospital room the nurse told Mimi was in. He had his fist up ready to knock on the door but he couldn't do it. What if she thought he was some freak for visiting her? Why was he visiting her, he hated her? Didn't he? No he knew he didn't...he liked her.

"This isn't entertaining anymore" Tai said sucking on his straw as the noise signaling the end of his drink came.

"Yeah at first it was funny but you've been standing there for like ten minutes now..." Matt added eating some chips out of a bag.

"What are you guys doing here?" Izzy asked putting his hand down.

"We came with Sora cause we heard her scream when she found Mimi." Tai said looking into his drink and frowning. "Only ice"

"Yeah and her parents went on vacation and aren't here so none of us wanted to leave her alone..." Matt said punching Tai as he reached in to grab some chips.

"Sora told the doctors she was Mimi's sister, don't blow her cover..." Tai said managing to grab a chip out to Matt's dismay.