Chapter 14: Popularity or Love?

"Are you alright?" Tai asked the intern doctor as he watched him check Mimi's blood. He kept putting his hand to his mouth like he was going to be sick.

"Uh...yeah...it's just..." he put his hand on his forhead and Mimi gave him a look like 'if you puke on my I'll smack you'.

"Um are you sure you're okay? You look like you might pass out." Sora said.

"Yeah...it's just the blood...makes me feel sick."

"You're a doctor and your stomach can't handle blood?" Matt asked glancing at Tai.

"No, I haven't puked yet today." the blue haired intern said looking up.

"Today? Oh god don't throw up on me!" Mimi shouted ready to jump out of her bed.

The door opened and the 'real' doctor came in. "Ah Dr. Kido thanks for your help...err you alright?"

"Yes! I mean of course I'm alright sir!" he stood up like he was in the military.

"Do you need to lie down again?" he asked.

"No I'm good." Dr. Kido said blushing. "I'm just going to get some water..."

The doctor shook his head in disbelief as Dr. Kido ran out of the room. "So how are you feeling?" he asked looking over Mimi's records.

"All right..." Mimi said then her mind turned to Izzy thinking of their kiss "Fantastic" she said dreamily.

The doctor looked at her strangely. "Well you can probably go home tomorrow...are your parents here?"

"Uh they're on their way..." Mimi said embaressed.

"Alright, well keep drinking fluids and get some rest you have another night here." he said as he headed out the door.

"Hey guys I have to get going...I have band practice sorry..." Matt said.

"It's alright me and Sora will stay here." Tai said and Matt smirked rolling his eyes.

"Have fun, feel better Mimi" he said with a wave heading off.

"You don't have to stay..." Mimi said feeling guilty.

Sora smiled. "We want to...plus you have some things to spill about you and Izzy."

Mimi smiled. These people made her feel like she had real friends, ones that cared.

...

Yolie stayed close to Kari as she walked down the hallway careful to avoid Tk. She didn't want to see him, she knew if she did all these one-sided feelings would return.

"Hey Kari!" she heard a voice and felt her heart stop, because it was his voice. She turned to see him smiling behind her with his deep blue eyes sparkling into hers. Her throat tightened and her eyes welled up. Why was he doing this to her? Why was he pretending to care? Was he just another bully like Erin?

She couldn't take it she turned quickly and ran down the hallway, leaving Tk with a shade of hurt and confusion on his face. Yolie looked over at him as he gave her a confused look and she turned away running after Kari. "Kari!"