one.

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥

𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥.

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

husband
hey, mads!! you
can stop by the
house anytime 😊
If i'm not there,
then i might be
on call. just tell
them you're looking
for me and a woman
named connie will
help you out

love you!!!

wife
holy shit we
really got
married
akjkljksa
ERASED

okay, hot stuff 😉

lmao our contact
names are funny

husband
well, we placed
them there so we
wouldn't forget
WE GOT MARRIED

wife
we're not
crazy, right?

i mean,, i love you
and you love me??
what's so crazy about
that right????

husband
exactly.

can't wait 'til
you meet 51,
babes. they're
practically like
my family.

wife
i'm excited
too!!

is it okay if i
bring over
some food?

husband
absolutely 😁

wife
noice

boarding my
plane rn 🤧

see you
love you!!!!

husband
love you more
than free beers ❤

wife
oh you're such
a romantic, kelly
severide 😒

husband
😋

──・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

With her hands occupied, Maddie tries to swiftly close the door of the rented car as she walks up the firehouse her husband had told her about. She didn't plan on getting married in Vegas; let alone moving from Miami to Chicago on a whim. But, after a few hours of just talking to Kelly Severide, Maddie had found out that he was a genuine guy with a big heart. He had recently lost his best friend and Maddie had a storm brewing in her own life and was looking for a bit of sunshine. So, to the firefighter and artist, it made sense to get married and spend the rest of their lives together.

Her sunglasses were perched on top of her head and the neat bun her hair was in seemed to suit the Chicago heat yet strong gust of winds were present. She sees two of Kelly's workmates and introduces herself to the brunette woman with fearless, brown eyes and the blonde who seemed to be covered in vomit.

"I'm Madeline Cojuangco. Well, I guess it's Severide. We're still trying to figure out the whole surname thing."

The brunette, who introduced herself as Gabby, perked her eyebrow. "Cojuangco? Are you Spanish by any chance?"

Maddie shakes her head. "No. My father's a Filipino and my mom is from Miami."

"Huh. Interesting. . ." Gabby nods her head as Sylvie excuses herself to clean the vomit off of her. "Oh! Come on in, Madeline. Let's see what your husband is up to."

As they walk into the firehouse, Maddie quips. "You can call me Maddie. Madeline makes me feel a little. . ."

Gabby opens the door to the living room area of the house and finishes her sentence, "Ancient?"

Maddie snorts and nods her head. "Exactly."

"Gotcha, Maddie." Gabby says and turns toward the firefighters who were lounging around. "Look who I found!" She announces and all heads turn to them.

Maddie sees that some were in front of the television or at sitting at the table or even at the kitchen. Maddie sees all the new faces but doesn't see him until he makes a beeline for her and plants a big kiss on her mouth. "Hey," Kelly greets her.

"Hi there."

With his warm hands on her shoulders for reassurance, he introduces his wife to the people who practically are his second family. "Hey, guys. This is Maddie."

The whole room erupts into cheers and it made Maddie feel welcomed. The first to approach them was a short-man with gray hair. She guessed (based on what Severide has told her) this was Hermann. "Hey, welcome to 51." He says with a smile on his face while taking the box away from her.

The gang gather around the box and a man with a mustache widens his eyes at the sight in front of him. "You brought donuts?!" He exclaims, looking like a child in Christmas morning. Maddie guessed this was Otis, the one who briefly dated Severide's half-sister. "We are keeping her, Lieutenant."

Ah, yes. Maddie forgot that her husband was not only a firefighter but also the lieutenant of the rescue squad. Maddie forgot a lot of things when Kelly asked her to marry him a few hours ago.

As they dug into the box of donuts, Kelly gently guides her to sit on his lap. His hands immediately encircle her wait and hers go around his shoulders as they were locked in a warm embrace. Maddie cocks her head to the side and asks, "Did you find a place?"

"We're going to be staying at Matt and Gabby's for a little while."

Maddie furrows her eyebrows, "I thought we'd be staying at a hotel?" She had no problem staying with his friends but she hated to be a bother to people she just met.

Seeing early signs of distress, Kelly gently pats her head. "Again, only for a few days. At least, until we find the perfect apartment."

Otis and his friend, Joe Cruz, make their way towards her and she jumps off of Kelly's lap to entertain them. Sylvie joins them and asks Maddie where she went to school as Gabby tries to sneak some food to the house dog. Maddie guessed that the chatter of 51 and the warm aura they gave her was her new normal.