thirteen.

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞, 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫!

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞
𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞, 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭
𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫!

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

You could say that Sylvie and Maddie considered each other best friends.

Both bonded over the fact being new in Chicago and often went window-shopping. Maddie was game for drinks or just listening to her blonde friend's grievances about her old life in Indiana. Sylvie was also there for Maddie after what happened with Gish and pushed her friend to talk to her husband rather than dealing with the trauma alone.

The two friends also loved food. Which was why they were in a sushi restaurant after an afternoon of shopping for Maddie's office clothes. Sylvie often shoved skirts to her friend's arm and Maddie could only scrunch up her nose. In the end, there were more slacks than pencil skirts.

"How many girlfriends do you think Kelly had before me?" Maddie asks mindlessly as they flip through the menu. "How many girlfriends do you think he'll have after me?"

Sylvie sighs, not really seeing what her best friend was worried about. Her friend had told her about encountering one of Lieutenant Severide's old girlfriends and Sylvie laughed at how Maddie described herself as a dog and Nicki Rutkowski as a bikini model. After that, Maddie had went on and on with her questions about what Nicki meant by "his reputation". 

And that conversation occurred over two hours ago.

"I think I'll have some salmon." Sylvie tells her, trying not to touch the topic of Severide's past lovers.

"She was really pretty, Sylvia." Maddie says, eyes staring blankly in front of her.

Meanwhile, Sylvie kept her eyes on the menu. "Maybe some tamago too."

"Where do you think they had sex? Was it in his office or the coat room?"

"Nevermind, I want tuna instead."

"Do you think he'll leave me because I'm too scared to go inside an elevator?"

"Okay!" Sylvie exclaims as she slams her menu on the table which garnered some attention from the other customers. "I want to break-up with Cruz." She reveals, hoping that it would take Maddie's mind off Nicki Rutkowski.

"What? I thought you liked him?"

Sylvie shrugs, a frown on her lips. "I do. Our worlds are too different, Mads. He wants to stay in for the night while I want to go out. I just feel bad because he's such a nice guy."

"Well, you can't him string him along. But, break-up with Cruz gently, please. He's like a teddy bear."

"Oh, I will. I still want him to be my friend."