twenty-seven.

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝟑𝟔𝟓 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮

𝟑𝟔𝟓 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

She listened to the sounds of the sea and the birds flying by, sighing satisfyingly and closing her eyes. The sky was bluer than ever and the sun was beaming down on them as the married couple soaked in the peace and quiet. 

To say that Maddie was excited to spend the whole day with her husband and away from the city was an understatement. She had skipped all the way out of their apartment. Right now, shades rested on face and her torso was exposed with only the little yellow swimsuit covering her body. The swimsuit wasn't little a few months ago; it was little now due to her growing abdomen. At sixteen weeks, Maddie's bloated stomach looked more like a baby bump with a medium sized curve. It became more difficult for her to hide it whenever she came by the firehouse.

Kelly laid on his stomach right beside her, eyes closed but not sleeping. They were laying in the front of the boat with pillows and strawberries covered in chocolate surrounding them. Her orange juice looked delicate next to his cold beer.

"I think it was the night of my birthday." Maddie stated, her fingers stroking the back of his head lightly. "I think I got pregnant on the night of my birthday."

Kelly turned to face her and winked. "Or the night after that, and the night after that, and then the other night after that. Maybe it was all those moments in between."

"Hmmm. . .maybe—oh!" Maddie gasped and sat up, "I have your gift!"

Confused, Kelly rolled on his back and sat up as she placed her bag on her lap and dug through the contents. A little black box was placed on top of his hand. Maddie smiled widely, bouncing excitedly in her seat.

"Babes, you didn't have to—"

"Shush!" She interrupted and motioned for him to carry on, "Open it."

She had gotten him another pendant for the necklace that he never seemed to take off. It was smaller than his St. Florian one; the charm Maddie had gotten him was like the size of a coin and had the color of white gold.

Kelly took the charm out of the little box, twisting it between his long fingers while he examined it. "Are these coordinates engraved?" He asked, his eyes meeting hers.

Maddie nodded. "The coordinates to that Vegas casino where we first met and at the back is the date. See it? Aug—"

"August 11, 2015."

"Do you like it, Kelly?"

"You kiddin' me, Mads?" He retorted and leaned forward, a hand behind her neck. He kissed her and tasted those sweet strawberries on her glossy lips. "I love it! Thank you." Kelly proceeded to shower her with kisses: one her nose, both her cheeks, and back at her lips again. "I love you. I love you. I love you."