fifteen.

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐢 𝐚𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐩𝐬𝐞

𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐢 𝐚𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞
𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐩𝐬𝐞.

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

Severide lets out another groan of disappointment as Maddie's phone goes into voicemail. For the sixteenth time.

Firehouse 51 had just responded to a call about a chemical leak and were helping load some of the patients to Chicago Med.

Since Kelly was too engrossed in his inner monologue of what had transpired last night, he had failed to notice April Sexton slide up next to him with a knowing look on her face. "What'd you do to piss Maddie off?" She asks as she sifts through paperwork.

"How do you know that?"

April shrugs. "Sylvie told me about how Maddie showed up at her doorstep with a bottle of tequila and her speech that dripped with sarcasm on how she was Saint Maddie. After a couple of shots, Maddie broke down crying and ended up staying the night."

"Maddie doesn't have the best track record when it comes to drinking." Kelly pinches the bridge of his nose and continues, "We got into a fight about my ex-girlfriends."

"Oof, I can see why." April pokes him in the shoulder, holding an expression between sternness and understanding. "You and Maddie need to fix this, Kelly."

"I am planning to talk to her after we finish up here. Don't give me the whole sermon about being a good husband and talking problems out because Brett already did and I think I'm deaf."

The paramedic had approached him first thing when their shift had started and declared that Maddie was a wreck and so was Sylvie. The reason for that is because Sylvie couldn't deal with "her mom and dad fighting" which resulted with Kelly giving her a confused look.

The hospital floor was erupting into chaos as more and more patients filed in. 

Kelly could see April struggling to catch everyone's attention. Looking around the room, he yells. "Listen up!"

Giving him a grateful smile, April starts her instructions. "We are going to have a full day here so I'm going to need your help as well as patience. If you're here because of the ammonia leak, then you need to be on the left side of the room when I say so. If you're because of the flu or something none life──sir, not yet."

Kelly is alarmed at seeing a man stand up from his seat. He looked like he had the flu with his weak stance.

The man stands up on the chair next to April and proceeds to shout, "You thought Ebola was a nightmare. Death to all Americans! I am the apocalypse!"

Kelly is running once he spots a grenade in the man's hands. He's pushes April away and tackles the man on the ground just as he pulls the pin and an explosion rocks Chicago Med.