twenty-four.

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐬𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐡, 𝐬𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐡, 𝐬𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐡

𝐬𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐡, 𝐬𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐡.

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

"If you're going on an out of town trip on your anniversary weekend," Sylvie started as she, Matt, and Kelly approached Maddie who stood by the parked car right outside the firehouse. It was odd that Kelly insisted they have the talk outside where the sun was blazing and the Chicago air was hotter than ever. "There better be a bun in your oven when you get back."

Maddie snickered. "Sylvie, we're not─"

"I have waited this long for a Keddie baby." She stretched her arms out wide, "I think it's about time."

"Well, you don't have to wait any longer." 

Letting Maddie's confession fly over head, Sylvie continued to babble on exasperatedly while Matt gave his best friend a shocked look. Fortunately, Matt had pieced two and two together and a smile graced his lips as he clapped Kelly on the back and congratulated him and Maddie. 

Sylvie's words stopped as she observed the exchange. "Oh my God!" Sylvie exclaimed, a bright smile on her lips. "You're pregnant?! How─"

Maddie smirked. "Sylvie, I think you know how."

Sylvie scrunched up her nose. "Yeah, yeah. But, how far along are you?"

"Around eleven weeks."

"Oh, Maddie." And, the little blonde paramedic was hugging her tightly. The pregnant woman laughed and patted her friend's back. 

"Sylvia, I can't breathe."

"Right. Sorry. I'm just so happy for you─for both of you." 

"Thank you." Maddie said to both of them. She eyed her husband who had stood next to her, his arm draping over her shoulder, "So, Kelly and I wanted to ask if you two wanted to be the godparents."

"M─me?" Sylvie stuttered out, eyes wide in shock. "This is all too much, Mads. One surprise at a time please!" 

Matt poked her side. "I think she meant the two of us, Brett."

"Me? A godparent?" She repeated and, by this time, tears had sprung to her blue eyes. "Yes! A millions times yes! I'm going to be the best Aunt Sylvie ever!"