Lying is bad!

RISHI

Why the fuck it's so hard for people to leave me alone? I am 25 and have a huge business to look after yet my mother is after my life to get married. Don't get me wrong , I love her but she doesn't seem to let be alone. Since that incident seven years ago I have cut myself from my family and friends. I like to be alone and blame myself for whatever happened back then.

I am Rishi Maheshwari and I do not do relationships. My parents are very cool and although we belong to 'Maheshwari' community they are by far the coolest parents I have ever seen. However she wats me to get married as soon as possible. We have had many heated discussions on the topic. Initially they heard me out and let me be, however since the past month with each discussion/argument I have been losing on my talks and both my parents are seeming to be getting more and more adamant.

She has been sending me showing me photos at home of different girls. Well in the beginning it was casually when she came and sat by me and showed me the photo and I would decline and walk away. Soon she started becoming creepier. At times I found random pictures in the magazine I read or newspaper and then got to under my breakfast plate. 

At times I thought of taking her to a doctor but soon realised that she was just doing it to piss me off. When I started ignoring her actions and not reacting her attempts stopped and I thought she had finally given up until a two weeks ago when suddenly at midnight my whatsapp was bombarded by numerous photos and biodatas of different girls.

I still bore with it. Unfortunately my father remained oblivious to my pleas and the torture showered over me. I lost my patience when I was with a few important business associates having a discussion after a meeting and my mom sent to a lot of pictures and my phone buzzed continuously for next 3 minutes. It was embarrassing.

So here I am moving in with my best friend in Delhi away from Mumbai . I planned to visit the library of SRCC as I was an alumnus here. It was Friday and as usual I heard gasps and got stares as I walked into the campus. There weren't many people but the girls took in my entry as a blow in their head. Not my fault that I was so gorgeous. I was more into my business and avoided girls at any cost.

I could see a girl unzipping her top just invite me but I wasn't in the mood. Can there be no decent girl around? I was in the library and the moment I had found the book I was looking for my mom called me. I ignored her but she called once again and I know she won't stop until I hear her out.

Picking her call up she started with the ' I need someone in my life to love me' lecture. I was fuming. Even if I was miles away for her she seemed to not stop at anything.

"Rishi don't tell me you are gay....Cause if that is we are fine darling......" I mom rambled and I couldn't believe my ears. How could she thing of something like thar?

"No Mom..... I am not.....gay!" I said and for a second she went silent. To say I was frustrated would be an understatement.

"Then you will have to go see a girl."

What! Can my life get anymore annoying?

"I don't want to go and see a girl....." I say exasperatingly

"Rishi....." I once again began and I spoke next cutting her off,

"I ..... Am in love mom!"

For a moment she remained silent and I thought I made a mistake lying to her, but suddenly she called my name with happiness evident in her voice. I thought I was out of the trouble but then she urged me to make her meet my 'girlfriend'. When I was about to disagree she yelled at me and made me promise her that I would make her meet them.

Cutting the call I felt as if I had set up a trap for myself. What have I got myself into? I scrolled though my contacts and was about to call my best friend to ask about the shifting and sought things out when I saw the shadow of a figure behind the shelf to my right.

Turning to the direction I met with a pair of black eyes which widen in a second. I saw the eyes vanish and with long strides I held the walking away wrist. With a jerk I pulled and a girl's body came twirling around to me. Immediately her back was pressed to my chest and I saw her black hair. She wasn't that short. 

Impressively she reached up to my chin. Her hair smelt heavenly and instantly I pulled her face to face mine. I was angry because she was eavesdropping and I don't want people to know anything about my personal life. I met with the black eyes I had seen behind the shelf.

She seemed nervous at first. She looked at me as if trying to figure out something. I already have a huge problem now and now this girl is testing my patience even more.

Her lips were parted but no words came out of it. Her lips were pink and seemed soft. I see a tint of red on her cheeks and suppress the urge to touch her skin which seemed super soft. She narrowed her eyes when I got to the reality as well. Fuck! Man what's wrong with me?

"Enjoyed ,eavesdropping!" I blurt out.

Clearly she was trying to formulate an answer and somehow I was enjoying her struggle. Unfortunately the librarian called out got my attention. In an instant the girl ran to the exit. I tried running after her but the librarian called me back to sign the register to issue the book. Next time!

Issuing the book on accountancy I wanted I walked over to the parking. Back in the car I ignited my engine and drove off to my new home in Delhi. First I have to get a solution for my problem of 'girlfriend' and then next is the black haired and eyes girl.