How we met?

Maternal Grandfather is called 'Nanu' and maternal-grandmother as 'Nani'

**********

AISHA

"So, I actually haven't told them how we met." I state.

"Neither did I."

"So we can tell that we met in the college, just bumping into each other and we hit it off from there." I suggest.

"No. My mother knows that I don't just hit off with a girl I bumped into."

"Okay so make it that I eavesdropped on one of your call accidentally and that pissed you off. I tried to apologies but you were being...an idiot like you are and troubled me. Then I gave up and that is when you realized that you love me. You came after me and me ,being me forgave you and confessed that I like you too."

"No. I am being a rude and troublesome guy in this story."

"Well aren't you?"I muttered.

"Admit it Rishi you have no better option." He just sighed and I knew I won the argument.

"So then I proposed you and you said yes."

"No.... You just don't propose for marriage after confession.... we go on dates and do all the cheesy and romantic shit."

"Please elaborate." He says taking a bit of his burger.

"So we went to fancy restaurants for dinner, beach and all. Don't worry, no one will ask much I have made up unnecessary dates already. Just act like you are in so much love. We have to act in so much love because it will be more convincing when we are left heartbroken."

"Right. So. We should get to know each other as well."

"Okay so lets play 20 questions."

"You go first." Rishi says as he gulps down the last of his coffee.

"Favourite colour? Mine yellow or white i guess all the colours. Except pink or purple"

"Why not pink?"

"Well I am not so girly girl. Does it makes sense?"

"Yeah it does. I like black or gold."

"Your chance."

"Um... genre of movie you like?"

"Nice one... I love comedy or even rom-com. Basically depends on mood."

"I like comedy as well and anything will work for me."

"Okay. Have any siblings?" Suddenly Rishi's shoulder tenses and his expression turns to hard.

"I have a sister then a brother .One in college other in class 11th. Um...you don't have to answer if......"

"Yes I don't want to answer that question and don't want you to ask anything related to that ever again. Am.I clear." I could see anger in his eyes but also mixed with sadness. There was definitely something he was hiding from me but I won't push him to tell me. This man is sure something weird. One instant he is rude , arrogant and a jerk face and the other is funny and teases me just to get on my nerves. Have I chosen the right man?

Maybe if I act normal he will be back. "So.... my father is a business man and mother a home maker but she did her MBA." I see him looking up to meet my eyes and I give him a genuine smile. Maybe I can comfort him just by a smile. 

Wait... why do I want to comfort him?

Soon we were back on talking with the tension gone. We shared about our education and I got to know that his parents both work and they have a very successful business. Although I am well off but he definitely is richer than me and lives a life of a prince. Apparently the thing which got my full interest was the fact they his parents has a love marriage against his maternal grandfather's wish.

"If you don't mind me asking...can you tell me your parent's love story..."I asked with uncertainty.

However instead of a glare or threatening I hear a chuckle which was melody to my ears.

"My parents' family were never in good terms from the beginning may be because of business or something. My grandfathers despised each other to be exact. Well my mother and father fell in love and when my Nanu rejected my father to marry my mother they eloped."

"Oh... Then..."

Maybe he sensed curiosity in my eyes then with a look outside the window to the evening he began once again.

"My Grandfather accepted them and all was fine here but..... Nanu disowned my mother." He paused for few minutes and I thought he won't tell me any further but to my surprise he looked at me and spoke.

"Then I was born. Nanu loves me and so for my sake he came to meet me. However till date He hasn't forgiven my mom. My grandparents are no more so for the name of grandparents I only have my Nanu and Nani. They are very special to me and I never say no to them. Neither does my mom. Till today she wants him to accept her back."

I don't know what got into me but I placed my hand on his hand resting on the table. He turned to face me and our eyes locked. Something in me moved looking at Rishi's eyes filled with hurt. Immediately his tense shoulders relaxed under my touch and I could feel the electric shock travel through me once again.