12 - hospital

Fun fact: paper bags aren't any better for the environment than plastic bags
(Wow, what about paper straws?)

Not edited

Johns POV

Waking up to Emily next to me felt great, it feels like what I have always wanted... A family that will soon to grow and have kids coming in.

I let her go to the bathroom as I lay there waiting for her return. There is only about a week now before the contract ends but she did say before that we are all grown and don't need contracts so she won't be leaving anytime soon for sure.

The the next couple of days was just just me listening to my assistant, reading to me about the stats and data of the company when Megan came rushing in.

"Sir sir ms Emily just fell down the stairs!"

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" I stood up instantly and my assistant guided me to where Emily was.

Emily's POV

I was sitting in my room minding my own business watching Netflix when my stomach grumbled so in the moment I stood up and ran down stairs without realising that I misjudged my placement of my foot and tumbled down stairs.

I didn't know why but my stomach suddenly hurts so much, and that's when Megan came running to me.

"Ms are you ok?" She sounded so panicky... I mean who wouldn't? I quickly told her.

"Call John NOW!" and within a flash she was gone. Here I am laying at the bottom of the stairs hugging my stomach in pain, I can't even describe the feeling of it.

"Emily EMILY can you hear me?" John shot at me as he quickly put me in his arms.

"Ca---all the ambulance" and his assistant quickly pulled out his phone and dialled triple zero (000).

"Everything is going to be ok, just stay with me" is what I hear last from John when I suddenly passed out.

*4 hours later*

"Ugh what happened?" I wake up first thing and saw John right beside me holding my hand in his.

"Your at the hospital and your fine" was his reply with a smile. Then a doctor and nurse walked in.

"Who are you to the patient?"

"I'm her boyfriend"

"Well ms Emily, would you like your boyfriend to be here to hear about your condition?" The doctor asked me giving me weird signals... Idk I think I'm over thinking things.

"Uh John do you mind maybe waiting outside? I'll tell you everything once I know what my problem is" is what I said, hopefully he understands.

"I'll wait outside" and off he went following the wall on his way out.

"What is it doc?" I say anxiously, not knowing what will hit me.

"Congratulations, your a week pregnant" ooooof I can't believe it, I'm.... Pregnant!

Do I tell John? Do I even love him? Does he even love me? Ah omg my brain isn't working.

"Please make sure to eat lots of iron and fibre that will support you because you are very weak now, take care of yourself, like having enough sleep and eating evenly everyday. Now may you excise me." The doctor and nurses open the door and that's when I saw John.

"You may go in and check on the patient." Was what I hear as the doctor exited the room.

He then walks in following the walls again until he got to my bed.

"What happened?" He asked as his hands quickly finding mine.

"I'm pregnant..." Is all that could come out. How would he react to this?

"That's... Great, I'm so happy!! Oh wow I'm going to have a kid." He said which really shocked me. We haven't known each other for that long at all and now he is all excited for this baby.

"What's going to happen with the contract?" I am now confusion.

"There was no contract to start with... I lied and made up random rules"

"You what? Why would you do that?"

"Can we not talk about it and I'll take well care of you and the baby and start our happy family" he said finding his way to my stomach.

"Do you really want to take care of me?"

"Of course, your my world since the moment you entered my life. Since the first time I touched your face I had a feeling that you were the one" I didn't realise that I became emotional as tears welded up.

"I also have good new Emily."

"Really? What is it?"

"I will be able to see in a week's time" when he said that I froze, I have mixed emotions now. It's great that he soon can see but what if he sees me and not like me?

"Wow... That's great"

"Emily, why did you hesitate?"

"Oh no no I was just shocked and happy for you" I say thankful right now he can't see how I look.

"Well then rest Emily and I'll watch after you until you get discharged" and so I laid back down and drifted off to sleep.

Authors note

Hey guys another one done, in so sorry for the slowness of these chapters but seriously I have been really busy so I'll do as much as I can ♥️