15 - finding out

Have you ever realised:
Are paper cuts trees torture for us since we are cutting them down and now it's their revenge cutting us back?

Not edited

Emily's POV

Because I... love him.

"Babe is everything alright?" He ask as I snap back to reality.

"I'm... I'm ok, I just need some rest" and I laid back down.

For the next couple of days I kept going blank or forgetting little things but today is finally the day John takes off his bandages on his eyes and find out if he can finally see.

I'm so happy that almost 100% chance he can see but I just don't know how to  look him in the eyes for the rest of our lives.

"Babe are you ready?" I ask holding his hand beside him as the doctor slowly unfolds his bandages.

"I have been ready from the moment you stepped into my life" and he squeezes my hand a little.

Finally the bandages are off...

"You may slowly and I mean slowly open your eyes and blink a little" the doctor instructed John.

He faces my way and slowly opens his eyes but he doesn't blink.

"Baby plz blink" I say readjusting my seating position because this suspense is killing me.

"I don't want to blink" he replies

"Why is something wrong?"

"Your just so beautiful and I don't want to keep my eyes off you, not even a blink" he says pulling me into a cuddly hug.

I close my eyes and so does he snuggling in each other's neck and I couldn't help but tear a bit.

"Congratulations this operation was successful" the doctors and nurses applauded and then left the room.

He pulls away and looks at my tummy "gosh seeing my baby is for sure better than just being able to feel it."

He then puts his head against my stomach and says "my precious, I can't wait to meet you".

We went home in his car as he carefully look out his surroundings. "I almost forgot how beautiful our earth is." He says as he brings my eyes to meet his.

I couldn't help and quickly laid on his shoulder. I can't, you guys don't understand but I literally can't look at him.

Johns POV

Emily might not know but I am 100% sure something's wrong and the urge of me going home and founding out what it is is killing me.

I can't see it in her eyes that feeling of guilt or feeling of hurt and I don't like that at all.

We got home and I helped Emily to our room as I quickly head to my office with my assistant.

"Quick what has happened the past few days?" I asked my assistant and all he replies with is.

"Sir I don't know, but I did pick up the fact that since the day you announced you might be able to see again she got a little uncomfortable"

"Are you sure?" I ask

"Yes sir"

That can't be the true, why would she be cut? The fact that I can see now... isn't it a good thing?

I need to know but I really can't think of a reason. Maybe it really is me... The fact that now I can see, is she hiding something from me?

I don't want to think too much and so I went to our room and laid next to Emily sleeping nice and soundly on one side of the bed.

I laid down with my fist against my face looking at how beautiful she is and how happy she looks when sleeping, all this time I have missed out on so many things that I shouldn't have. I then drifted off to sleep.

Next morning I woke up to a front door closing down stairs. I opened my eyes as the bright sun shone at me through the window
I turn around finding Emily nowhere to be seen.

"Emily?" I say standing right up instantly.

I look around and found a note on the night stand.

Dear my beloved John,

I just wanted to say that I'm going on a little vacation, I just need some time alone and because I'm getting a little more moody which is bad for the both of us. I need to let you know that I'm not leaving you and will be coming back soon yet I don't exactly know when, please don't look for me...

~Your one and only Emily ~

I am not quite understanding what I did wrong, did I.... WAIT THE FRONT DOOR!

I accelerate downstairs and open the front door when the taxi drove into the distance becoming smaller and smaller.

I walk back inside not knowing if I should call her or not, if I did she would be angry because she told me not to bother her but on the other hand I really need to know why.

How stupid does she think I am thinking I would believe that she is leaving because she is becoming more moody.

I sit down at my desk and as I look down I see the file of sending in $400 000 into Ms Emily Denamen account accepting for Mrs Daisy Denamen pass away.

Wait was Emily's grandma the one who gave me her eyes? Oh my fucking god no motherfucking why she wouldn't look me in the eye, she felt guilty since her grandma gave her eyes to me but that wasn't bad enough, she also died...

Authors note

Guys it's officially the long holidays whoop whoop, which means I have more time to write, if you want me to I guess.

I'm really grateful for my readers, not only are you guys positive but you guys are my like my friends that I don't know, lots of love♥️♥️