Chapter 83 - The Doctor Dances

A blonde woman stared blearily at her, smeared make-up on her face and a half-empty bottle in her hand that sloshed as she waved it about. "Look, it is way too early for whatever it is you want, so just go make yourself some toast for breakfast, I don't care. Just try not to burn it like you did last time, that smoke stunk up the whole house." She took a swig from her bottle, waving her other hand vaguely in her direction in dismissal. "Now get out of here, I need some more sleep."

xXx

A young woman with dark hair gathered into two braids leaned down to pick up a basket filled with several cans of food, a soft smile on her face. "Good job finding these! I'm so proud of you!" she exclaimed, standing back up. "Now come on, we need to find a dry place to sleep," she said, holding out her hand. "I don't want you getting sick."

xXx

"Don't call me 'mommy', you're not a baby anymore, Alyssa. Get over it."

xXx

"It's me, Nancy, your sister. I'm not your mummy. Please, Jamie."

xXx

A̴̢̧̨͕͈͖̖̮͖̖̯̖̝̎̒̈́̒̆̑̊̉̽͆ͅr̸̢̧̦̰̫͍̜͚̟̬̙̤̘̈́ę̷̢̤̙͈͍̬̫͕̑̉̑̿͋̚̕͜ ̶̢̧͚̟͈̝͓̪̭̘̉̃̾̓̿͜ͅy̵̭͕̩̣̤͒͂̇̒̂̃͊̐͂͛͝o̵̧̨̲͚̯̜̬͇͕̤̬̜̱̜͍͛́̄͋͘ự̸̍͋͋̓ ̸̧̡̝̙͔̗̗̼̹͉͊͋́͒͜͜͠m̵̒͑̃̃̄͊ͅy̵̲̆̓̈̀͌̓̕ ̷̫̑m̵͕̖͔̒̆̀́̏̓̉̍̋u̶̧͙͓̠̲̮̘̺͔̞̽̑̒͘͘m̶̧̮̭̩̗̼̟͙̝̫̲͇͑̓̓͛̚͘͠ḿ̶̺͍̭̯̲͉̤̘͛̃͆ý̶̨̡̦͖͙̬̜̘̻̃̈͒̕͝?̷̨̞͙̫̰̯͓͌̽͑̓̎

xXx

Í̴̧̡̛̤͉̀̓̾̂̀͑̄̑̏̃̂͆ ̴̖͔͖̙̠̭̤̬̟͎̤͗̈́ẉ̸̥̻̻̦͇̯̀̏͂̍͘ą̶̛̥̩̥͙̹̻͎̳̣̥̓̎̆̀̏̋̿̄͌͘͝͝ņ̷̢̢̖̰͙̥̠͙̳̜̞̣̰̓͊͗͊͛̒̑̕͝t̷̨̮͂̽ ̵̢̨̡͎͙̥̯̱̗͚͙̗̠͓͂́̇̎̈́́̍͂͆̅̚͘͜m̵̧̢̡̘͍̟̼͚̞̤̗̩͖̼͑̈́̔̎̕͜y̴̬̅͘ ̷̨̦͔̟̥̙͓̫̯̘̑̽̂̈́͊m̷͎͍͔̞̻͎͈̄́̃̔͆ự̶̡͍̪̳̗̟̫͐̇̋̊̓̄̃m̷̛̹͕̞̜͇͚͇̝̣͇̞̗̳͕͊̋̋͑̅͐̌́͆̾͐̚͝͝m̸͙̹̤͊y̵̨̢̻͇͙͉̫͎͔̭̙͙͖͍̎̔̓̃̓͒.̵̨̡̤̗̣̤̥̞̝̭̗̋̾

xXx

M̸̨͇̻̩̌̈ͅụ̶̡͉̠̱̻͓̰̝̍̎͊̍̕͜ͅm̵̘̙͇̖̤̯̹̌͊̈́̂̈́̐̋̅͐͊̽͘͘͝m̵̯͙̤͓͎̬̦̼̠̬̋̒̇̔͑y̵̨̗͍͍̪̞̼̤̍?̶̢̨̛̥͍̙͇͖̩̰̲̥̔̒͑͘͜͝͠ͅ

xXx

The dark-haired woman knelt down, tears streaming down her face. "I'm here."

"Are you my mummy?"

"Yes," the woman said softly. "I am your mummy. I will always be your mummy." 

xXx

Lyssa fell to the ground, a dizzying surge of energy coursing through her. She put a hand to her heart, wincing as it started to pound fiercely in her chest, so fast it almost hurt. She let out a soft sigh as the worst of it vanished, leaving just a small aching sensation in her chest. 

She reluctantly opened her eyes, flinching when the bright lights burned them, but kept them open until they adjusted, glancing around at her surroundings with confusion. The last thing she remembered was the hallway and taking Jamie's hand, but now she was outside, shivering in the cold wind at the end of a large group of people, all looking equally as confused. She glanced down at her hand, noting the clear skin in place of a bloody scar, and almost cried in relief at the knowledge that she had been cured.