Chapter Two

Finally, the mother and daughter were on their way to Morgzfest. The drive was long as they lived all the way in Leeds. The entire drive, Hopeleighlyn stared out the window, daydreaming about what the event would be like as she listened to Twenty One Pilots on her iPhone 8.

Sweaty, were here! Linda cried, pulling into the car park.

Dont you mean Sweetie? Hopeleighlyn asked with a confused look on her face.

No, I meant sweaty. You need to shower Hopeleighlyn. Bad hygiene isnt a personality trait.

For crying out loud mum Im not like other girls! I CANT shower! Hopeleighlyn groaned and folded her arms in a huff. She was far too quirky to even wash her hands!

They showed the security guards their tickets, and they were allowed into the grounds. The place was thriving with other teenage girls. Basic teenage girls in crop tops and booty shorts, with their makeup caked on. Hopeleighlyn was disgusted to see that they actually showered. She wandered around the area, occasionally purchasing some candy from the food stalls that were dotted around the event.

Ew, what are you doing here? a voice behind Hopeleighlyn exclaimed. She spun around and came face to face with Nicole, the school mean girl. She was gross rich and insanely popular, of course, she was here. She was backed up by her two best friends, Kim and Jessica.

Take a picture, itll last longer. Hopeleighlyn spat, roasting the absolute shit out of the girls. For once she was standing up for herself instead of backing away and crying in the disabled bathroom. (She couldnt bear to face the basic white girls in the normal girls bathroom so it was always the disabled bathroom. She wasnt like other girls.)

What? Nicoles mouth gaped open.

I said take a picture! Itll last longer! Hopeleighlyn yelled. Nicole burst into tears, her confidence and self-esteem gone. She would never recover from that sick roast. Suddenly!!!! The entire crowd turned to face her and clapped. Everyone was clapping. The clapping would not stop. Hopeleighlyn was so confused.