10 - The Third Threat

y/n's POV

"Where are the others?" I ask Lloyd. 

"They're all in the factory, except for the losers on previous days. They've been locked up in separate cells."

We hurry down the halls, until we reach the noodle factory. We burst through the doors, knocking the guards standing behind it and in front of it unconscious in the process. 

"Oops," I mutter. "Sorry, guards!"

"You guys made it!" Cole exclaims, coming to hug us. 

"Yup! Now please let go of me before you crush all the bones in my body," I say. 

"Did you break the staff?" he asks as he sets me down. 

"Not yet," Lloyd answers. "We've got it right here."

"May Karloff do the honors?" Karloff asks. "Karloff want to see it go smash!"

"Sure, go ahead."

Karloff takes the staff of elements and breaks it against the stone floor, allowing all the elements to return to their rightful owners.

"Now, let's go free the others!" Nya suggests. 

---------------- 

"Nya!" Jay cries as he sees us running towards him. 

"I missed you so much!" Nya says, giving him a kiss on the forehead as soon as we get his cell open.

"Really, Nya?" I say sarcastically. "That's it? A quick peck on the forehead? Hmph. I'm very disappointed in you."

She smirks at me and turns back to Jay. She brushes a strand of hair from his face and then gives Jay a passionate kiss on the lips.

"That better?" she asks me.

"Very."

"It's so great to have the gang back together!" Kai says. The seven of engage in a group hug, so happy to be reunited. 

"Oh, perfect!" a voice says. "I've got you all together."

"Harumi!" we all exclaim. 

"It's about time I got rid of you pesky ninja," Harumi says, opening a portal. "Have fun!"

She pushes us into the portal, and we all scream as we're swirled around and around until we arrive in a new location.

"This place seems familiar," I mutter, looking this way and that. Sand covers everything in sight, except for a few bunches of rocks here and there. "Wait a minute..."

My eyes widen as I realize where we are. As if on cue, a large horn emerges from the sand like a shark in the ocean and starts moving towards us.

"Oh sh*t," I whisper-shout as I run away as fast as my legs can carry me. "Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t."

"Where are you going?" Lloyd asks.

"Get onto something other than sand!" I order.

"Why?" Cole asks.

"Don't' argue, just do it!"

Everyone follows me as I head towards a bunch of rocks. The horn raises further out of the sand until the rest of the body attached to it is showing; the horn belongs to a gigantic beetle.

"What the f*ck is that thing?!?" Jay exclaims.

"If it can't sense us on the sand, it should go away," I say, not really answering Jay's question. Sure enough, the beetle disappears once we're all on the rocks.

I breathe a sigh of relief. "That was close."

"What's going on?" Lloyd asks. "Have we been here before?"

"Uh... not that you'd remember."

"Hey, look!" Zane exclaims. "There's a trailer over there!"

"A trailer?" I ask. That's strange. I don't remember there being one of those in this desert.

"Let's go!" Kai says, and makes a run for it.

"Kai, wait!" I shout, but he's not listening. Before I can stop the rest of the team, they all run after him.

We arrive at the trailer soon enough, and bang on the door. A man with an eye patch opens it.

"Clutch Powers?" I wonder out loud.

"What are all of you kids doing here?" he asks.

"Can we come inside?" Nya asks without giving an explanation.

Clutch lets us in, and we all squish onto the tiny couch.

"So, what brings you here?" Clutch asks again. 

"It's a long story," I reply. "What about you?"

"Well, I've discovered this pyramid that hasn't ever been sighted before, and I've been trying to build up the courage to enter it."

"We'll help you," Zane says. We all shoot him a look; we don't have time for this!

"Really? But have you even read my book Booby Traps and How to Survive Them?"

"Uh... no," we all reply, except for Zane, who nods enthusiastically.

"Well, if you want, I'll let you tag along," Clutch says, but the tone in his voice suggests he'd be grateful for our help.

"This is a bad idea," I mutter, but I'm completely overruled; everyone follows Clutch to the door. "A really, really bad idea."