24 - Way Too Many Warriors

Y/n's POV

"Hate to break up this tender moment, but there's something you should know," Chen says. "Aspheera and Clouse haven't postponed their plans; they're supposed to be having a meeting downstairs right about now."

"What are we waiting for?" Skylor asks. "Go!"

"You're not coming?" I wonder.

"No, I have to make sure my dad doesn't double cross us," she says nonchalantly. "Now go and stop the others before they start a war!"

Lloyd and I gather up our teammates and rush to the basement. We follow the sound of chanting through the halls until we reach the door to a room.

"Whatever's happening in there sounds awfully terrifying," Jay mutters.

"Might I suggest that someone look through the crack in the door to see what's going on?" Zane offers.

"Yeah, good idea," Jay answers. "I nominate y/n!"

"What? Why me?!"

"You're the brave one!"

Before I can protest, Kai pushes me forward. I sigh, but I go anyway. I look through the crack on the door, and see a lot going on. Harumi must have escaped from her cell, because she's reciting some sort of spell, as are Clouse and Aspheera, except they're all doing different ones.

Suddenly, all at once, their spells finish, and a whole bunch of different warriors start filling the room. I hear the three ring leaders cackle evilly as they send the warriors towards the door.

"No no no no no no no!" I scream as I run away from a whole new problem.

"Y/n, what are you—" Lloyd starts as he notices I'm running for my life. Once he sees the reason, his eyes go wide. "holy sh*t!"

"Come on!" I yell, grabbing my frozen boyfriend but the arm and tugging him along. The rest of the team follows us as we run away from the army streaming out of the room.

"That is way too many warriors!" Cole exclaims. "What even are they?"

"I'm gonna take a wild guess and say they're Vermillion Warriors, the Anacondrai, Garmadon and all his followers, and to top it all off, they somehow managed to summon the Oni!" I reply.

"Judging by your expression, I'm guessing this is bad?" Kai says.

"What do you think?!"

The seven of us continue running away, and manage to make it all the way to the safe room. Skylor and Chen are also there, and as soon as we're in there, we bolt the doors shut.

"This is bad, this is very, very bad," I mutter, pacing back and forth. "Not only is that way too much to handle at one time, I know absolutely nothing about the Oni!"

"Calm down, y/n!" Cole says. "We could really use your head right now!"

Lloyd engulfs me in a hug, which calms me down a little. I always feel safe when he holds me.

The peacefulness of the moment is interrupted by a sharp bang on the door.

"Sh*t! They found us!" Kai exclaims.

"Dad, you need to break the staff, now!" Skylor orders. Chen doesn't put up a fight and smashes the elemental staff on the ground. All of our powers come back, arming us for whatever's about to come.

Suddenly, and idea comes to me.

"Skylor, where are the other books you found?"

"Over here, why?"

"I have a plan."