27 - Peace

Lloyd's POV

It's been almost a year since Nya and Jay got married. Even though me and y/n have been "engaged" longer, we've been waiting for our own special day. We've literally got all the time in the world to plan a wedding, so we've just been putting it off.

Nya and Jay are expecting a baby, so we've officially recruited Skylor to be a part of the team so that Nya can have some time off. Skylor and Kai have been dating for a while, so y/n and Nya have been dropping hints around Kai so that he'll propose. They've been at it ever since they got Zane and Pixal to say "I do."

Cole just met someone, and they really seemed to hit it off, based off of his strangely cheery mood recently. He hasn't introduced any of us to him yet, but I'm hoping that he'll bring him tonight.

It's about 5 in the afternoon, and I've been working hard to make sure everything is perfect for the evening. I'm planning a surprise for y/n on the beach, and I've gotten everyone in on it. Nya, Skylor and Pixal are distracting her by taking her shopping, while I've got all the guys helping me set up. Kai is lighting a bunch of candles and putting them all over the beach, Zane is making a cake and some other snacks, Cole is moving a bunch of stones to make a walkway, and Jay is helping me decorate a canopy with lights.

"Hey, Lloyd, Nya's calling," Kai says, tossing me a phone.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.

"Lloyd!" Nya answers. "Are you almost done? Y/n's getting suspicious."

"Why? What did you say to her?"

"Well... we convinced her to buy this really cute new outfit and we forced her to wear it, but now she thinks we're up to something."

"How long will it take you to get here?"

"Half an hour, give or take a few."

"Okay, you can head out. Tell y/n that we're having a team dinner, but then blindfold her once you arrive at the beach."

"Sure thing! See you soon."

I hang up the phone and hand it back to Kai. I tell everyone that we have a little while to make any finishing touches, and they all go to help Zane bring out the cake and other foods. I start working on a mixtape, and add all the songs that y/n likes.

"Lloyd, they're here!" Cole shouts, as the girls pull up on two motorbikes.

"Nya! You shouldn't be riding that thing!" Jay scolds as he helps her off one of the bikes

"Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't have fun!"

"What's going on? Where are we?" Y/n asks, a piece of fabric over her eyes. "And why'd you blindfold me?"

"Hey," I say, coming over to help her off the bike. "You look amazing."

"Can I take this thing off now?" She asks, about to pull off the blindfold.

"No!!" Everyone shouts at her.

"Okay, okay," she laughs. I take her hand, and lead her down the pathway to the water. I stop walking once the waves wash over our feet.

"Ooh, it's cold!" She shrieks and jumps into my arms. I laugh and set her back down on the sand.

I can feel the butterflies in my stomach as I remove her blindfold, and turn her towards what me and the team set up.

"Oh, Lloyd," she sighs. "It's so pretty!"

"It's the perfect place for a wedding, don't you think?"

"Yeah, it's—wait what?"

"I'm here! I'm not late! Don't look at me that way, Misako!" Sensei shouts as he get out of his car. "I may have lost track of time, but at least I didn't miss anything this time!"

Everyone bursts out laughing as the old man runs towards us. Sensei trips over his own feet and rolls onto the ground, getting sand stuck in his beard. At this point, y/n looks like she was also about to fall to the floor from laughing so hard.

"Dear thee beloved," Sensei starts after we composed ourselves. "Oh, screw it. We already know you love each other! You are now officially husband and wife! Now, kiss!"

Y/n laughs, but she turns to me, goes on her tiptoes, and kisses me sweetly. I wrap my arms around her and swing her around, dipping her like they do in movies. I hear clapping from everyone, but Sensei is the most enthusiastic by far.

"Some wedding that was," I mutter with a laugh.

y/n giggles. "It was rushed and totally unnecessary but still fun--I wouldn't have it any other way."

I take her hand and bring her to the canopy, just as Jay turns on the music. Zane cuts the cake, and my mom serves us all drinks. After some dancing and good food, we all run into the ocean and play in the waves.

Nya uses her water powers to make a sphere, which Zane freezes so we can play volleyball. Jay insists that Nya should be taking it easy, but she just blasted him with water in reply. It's funny how these silly little moments are the ones you remember most.

"It's strange that the end of one story leads you to the beginning of another," I ponder as y/n and I watch Cole and Kai chase each other through the water.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"Our childhood is over, and now we've started our lives as adults," I explain. "Just like how the years of conflict in Ninjago ended, and then peace began."

"Let's hope that peace lasts," Y/n mumbles, leaning her head against me. We stare at the sunset, and watch as the colours dance in the water.

"It's beautiful," she mutters.

"Yeah."

"Do you think we'll ever grow apart?" she asks, glancing over at our friends as Jay and Zane splash Sensei.

"No," I say confidently.

"How can you be sure?"

"Because we've been through so much together," I explain. "We're more than family; we're like a damaged machine. If one part goes missing, the rest of it will fall apart."

"You're right. We need each other," she replies. "And I'm ready for whatever comes our way, as long as we're in it together."