21 - Whoops, Wrong Time

Y/n's POV

"Where the heck am I?" I mutter, looking around. I had just tried to go back to the past, but I must be really bad at time travelling.

"Auntie y/n! Clover took my screwdriver!" A little kid yells, running towards me and jumping into my arms.

"Uh... what?" I say, completely confused. Why did he calls me his aunt?

"Y/n!" Somebody says. It sounds like Nya. "You're back already?"

"Yeah, I um—" I freeze. Nya looks a lot older. Cr*p! I think to myself. I'm even further in the future than before!

"Jamie, go take one of your father's tools," Nya says to the kid I'm holding. "Where's Nixie?"

"She's upstairs playing with Clover."

"Go find a screwdriver and then join them, okay, sweetie?"

Jamie and Nixie must be Nya and Jay's kids, I think. I wonder who Clover is, though.

"How long was I gone for?" I ask Nya, hoping she'll drop a hint about where I'm supposed to be.

"About a half hour. Did Lloyd not show up?"

"Uh..." I started. "No, I just... forgot something."

"Oh, okay. Have fun on your date then!"

"Thanks," I reply, then turn around to head outside. At least I know where future me is supposed to be right now, I think.

"It's weird that we all still live together in the bounty," I mutter after I'm outside. Strangely enough, the bounty isn't in the air, it's situated on the ground. "Okay... so where would future me and future Lloyd go on a date?"

I thought about it for some time, but couldn't think of anything.

"Hey, Nya? What's the date today?" I call into the house.

"Did you really forget the date of your anniversary?"

"Uhhhh... no," I lie.

Suddenly, it comes to me. Where better to spend our anniversary than the place of our first date?

"Bye Nya!" I call, then as I leave again, I notice a wrapped present on a table in the hall. It says Dear Lloyd on the card, so I'm guessing future me was supposed to give that to Lloyd. I take it with me, thinking that maybe future me really did forget something.

After 20 minutes of running, I finally reach the gazebo that Lloyd had taken me to on our first date. Sure enough, future me and future Lloyd were slow dancing underneath the decorated platform.

Future me lifts her head from Lloyd's shoulder and opens her eyes. I shriek and dive into the bushes as she looks at me, and pray that she didn't see me.

"What was that?" Lloyd asks. Through the leaves of the bushes, I see future me turn him to face the opposite direction.

"Probably just a bunny," she says. "I—um—can you stay here for a second?"

"Why?" Lloyd questions.

"I have to get something."

"Can't I come with you?"

"Nope, I've got it. It'll just be me, myself, and I."

I stiffen. Did that have to do with me?

"Just stay here and face the other way," future me says. "I'll be back with your gift in a few minutes."

Once Lloyd turns around, future me runs away and motions for me to follow her. I stealthily climb out of the bush and run after her, and we disappear behind a tree.

"Why are you here?" She asks.

"I may have screwed up a bit..."