14 - Crashing the Party

Yo, hey guys! I'm back with another chapter! Hope you like it <3

Y/n's POV

I scream as the door to the monastery bursts open.

"Mwhaha!" Aspheera cackles. "Soon I will have you in my grasp, treacherous deceiver! Prepare to face my wrath!"

"We've got to get you outta here, Sensei!" Kai exclaims, jumping down from the mech. "There isn't much time before they find us in here."

"No," he replies. "This was my mistake. I will face Aspheera alone, and perhaps then, I can make amends for the damage I have caused."

"No!" Everyone shouts.

"We're family, and family sticks together!" Jay says.

"Yeah, and you know as well as anyone that ninja never quit!" Cole adds.

"Well, yes, but—"

"Ah, ah!" I say, cutting him off. "Teachers must practice what they preach, no exceptions!"

Sensei's left eye twitches and he grumbles under his breath.

"You know we're right," I say, crossing my arms.

"Logistically speaking, facing Aspheera with the combined forces of all of us will prove to be 98% more effective than with just you alone," Pixal says.

"Fine!" He finally says, throwing his hands up. "We'll face her together."

——————-

Five minutes later, the mech is ready(ish) and we're all prepared for Aspheera to enter. She's been trying to knock down that door for a while, and she's very, very close to succeeding.

"Get ready!" Kai warns. "One more hit, and they'll be in!"

"At last!" Aspheera sighs as she finally slithers in. "My revenge is within reach!"

"Well, technically, you're going to have to slither a few meters forward..." I say.

"Silence!"

"Okay, okay! Sheesh."

"Wait, What's that sound?" Cole asks. Everyone stops to listen, even Aspheera.

"Analyzing..." Pixal says. "My sources inform me that the sound is coming from an armed aircraft spinning out of control."

Suddenly, a jet coated in ice crashes through the ceiling right between us and Aspheera.

"Way to crash the party!" Jay cries. "Like, literally."

"Party? Where?" Zane asks as the pilot hatch opens.

Nya face palms. "We really need to update your sarcasm interpreter."

"Back off, Aspheera!" Lloyd commands, flipping out of the jet. "You may have one of the forbidden scrolls, but we have the other!"

"When did you guys get that?" Cole asks.

"Long story short, we stole it from an overrated explorers' club," Nya explains.

"Lloyd, no!" Sensei cries as Lloyd unrolls the scroll. "Be careful with that!"

Lloyd ignores him and conjures up a sphere of energy.

"Whoa!" I cry as I step out of the way of his blast. "Watch it!"

"My bad!"

Aspheera and Lloyd battle for a few minutes, and eventually she knocks the scroll out of his hands. We play a game of hot potato as the scroll gets passed around among us, while Sensei becomes the monkey in the middle trying to get us to stop using the thing.

"Y/n, catch!" Someone yells, and the next thing I know, there's a scroll in my hands and my hair is on fire.

I see the colour f/c flaming around me as I rush towards Aspheera to have a go at fighting her.

"I'm surprised no one's laughing at the fact we're sword fighting using sticks with a roll of paper wrapped around them," I joke, which just makes Aspheera angry.

"Over here!" Nya calls, waving her arms. I throw her the scroll, and she prepares for Aspheera to attack her.

"What a rapid change of events," Lloyd says as he comes over to me. "Just a few hours ago, I thought we should be preparing to stop an army of Anacondrai, but instead, we're facing a serpentine witch."

My eyes go wide as I replay that sentence in my head. "Ohhhh... this is what Chen was talking about."

"Hmm?"

"Chen said he has a colleague, a female one. I didn't make the connection until now, but I'm pretty sure he was referring to Aspheera!"

"Aspheera and Chen are working together? But then why is she so adamant on her revenge against Wu?"

"I'm not sure... it does seem pretty odd that she's waited all this time just to get back at—wait a minute!"

"What? What is it?"

"This is a distraction," I mutter. "Chen does know about the Sons of Garmadon, and Harumi sent us away so they can resurrect him and raise their army of snakes!"

"That has got to be the most elaborate plan we've ever encountered," Lloyd says.

"Yeah," I reply, pulling at my hair anxiously. "And we've got to come up with one of our own."