Chapter 9

Eren pov

-

Eren was on his way to talk to Matt about how he felt about him which was only a feeling of friendship. He was scared to confront Matt but confident that he would be able to take it fairly well.

The park was pretty fairly busy which made Eren more comfortable. Matt was sitting at a bench in the park by some picnic tables. He had his phone out and was mindlessly scrolling through something. He loomed up as Eren approached with Titan and got excited.

"Hey Eren, What's up."

"Hey, Matt. nothing much i just wanted to talk to you about what you said the other day."

Matt nodded,

"Before you say anything, I just want to say I'm sorry for kissing you. I realized that I should have asked you if you liked me or not first. I just got a little too excited. But, I get the feeling you wanted to talk because you don't like me in that way. If so, that's ok. We can still be friends though."

Eren looked relieved.

"Thanks Matt. That's exactly why i wanted to talk to you. I don't love you but i do wanna be friends still."

They both felt more relaxed and just sat back now to catch up on life.

"So, Matt anything new happen lately."

"not really. we got a new brand of dog food in the store, but that's it. what about you."

"well, i talked to Levi yesterday and he explained where he was the past two years."

Eren wasn't looking at Matt, but if he was he would anger in his eyes at the mention of Levi.

"Levi and I talked for a while and so we are gonna be friends again. He asked me on a date and I think I'm gonna give him a second chance."

Matt quickly sat up and looked at Eren.

"What?!!"

" Well... yeah he is really sorry and."

Matt interrupted.

"He hurt you!"

"Yes.. but, he cares. and he's really sorry."

"Bullshit!!"

Eren looked shocked

"Matt!!"

"He's a monster and you're letting him back into your life?!!"

"he said."

Matt interrupted again

"he said sorry but that means nothing!!"

"Matt, why are you so mad?"

He stood up.

"He fucked up your life. You cant tell me your stupid enough to let him back in. You are perfect and he'll ruin you again!! I won't let him do that!!"

he grabbed Eren's arm. Titan started barking and growling at Matt as he noticed how tense the energy was them.

"I need you to not be destroyed again."

"Matt, let go of me. You're hurting me."

Matt only got more upset and gripped his arm harder. Fortunately, for Eren a man that was reading nearby looked over when Titan barked. He walked over and stepped in front of Eren, surprising Matt.

"Sir. I think you need to leave."

Matt looked around and noticed multiple people looking over at them. Not wanting to cause a scene, he huffed and let go of Eren before turning to walk away.

Eren sat at the bench in the park with the man who helped him while he called Hanji to come pick him up.

Hanji brought Eren home and immediately tried to call Matt. Eren went straight to his room. He didn't answer so she called Levi to comfort Eren and hopefully she would be able to contact Matt to find out the hell was wrong with him. She had only known him as a perfect, nice, caring person so it surprised her to hear that he was aggressive toward Eren. And this pissed Hanji off.