Chapter 11

The door slowly swung open as they walked into the house which was a disaster. The drawers in the kitchen were all ripped open and their contents spilling out. There was broken glass from cups and picture frames all over the entryway, leading to the living room. Every step they took made a loud crunching noise in the eerily quiet house. When they didn't find anything in the main living spaces they headed for Eren's room.

As they entered, there stood in the middle of the room, the man himself. Matt.

"Matt, what are you doing here?" Erwin asked

He was staring at Eren's bed when he started laughing to himself and shaking his head. His face was stoic. His other hand was hidden by his side, but as he turned toward them they saw a knife glimmering in his hand. It seemed to be a long 5 inch knife like a jagged kitchen knife.

"You know, it's funny how he's here now, he could be mine. Ha. But, you."

Matt pointed his knife at Levi.

"You had to come back. You had to have him and deceive him! You already had your chance!"

He started walking around the room, pointing the knife and sneering at Levi.

"You ruined him and marked him and used him and he is mine! Ha ha!! He will be mine and he is mine and, heh, that stupid dog was just a way to get Hanji to trust me!! I need his body, I need him."

Levi raised the gun up to Matt's face and was shaking in anger.

"You son of a Bitch!! I knew you couldn't be trusted!! I knew it!!"

Levi clicked the safety off just as Erwin grabbed his arm and asked Matt,

"You can't get to Eren and if you've done your research you would know we have places to hide him. I know you are smarter than that. So why? Why are you here now?"

Matt seemed to have forgotten that Erwin was there until he spoke. He looked from Levi to Erwin with a smirk and a laugh.

"Hmm, Do you think i really came unprepared?"

There was a moment of silence as they all just looked at one another. The house was deadly silent before Hanji voice broke the confusion.

"SOMEONE CALL 911! EREN ISN'T RESPONSIVE OR BREATHING!!!"