Chapter 12

There was a moment of silence as they all just looked at one another. The house was deadly silent before Hanji's voice broke the confusion.

"SOMEONE CALL 911! EREN ISN'T RESPONSIVE OR BREATHING!!!"

-

Levi turned around debating whether to run down stairs to Eren like his alpha was telling him to, or to keep Matt where he was and get some real answers. Levi nudged Erwin and told him to go call 911 and check on them.

As Erwin ran downstairs as Levi snarled at Matt who was still smirking and nonchalantly walking around the room.

"You see Levi Eren should really pay attention to what people put in his drinks at cafes. Someone might just slip something in there."

Levi looked shocked before asking,

"So, you fucking killed him? Shit. I need to get down there."

He looked between Matt and the door

"Oh no..no." replied Matt, "I would never kill Eren. I need him alive. It's a pill to stop his heart for a while."

Matt looked down at his watch and held up five fingers. Putting one down after each tick of the clock. When his last finger went down he looked up to a confused Levi when they heard Hanji yell from downstairs,

"I've got a pulse!! He's alive!! Erwin, stop cpr for a second he's breathing now!!"

Levi was so distracted by the fact that Eren was okay that he didn't notice that Matt was halfway out the window. The last thing he said before he jumped down and took off running as Levi shot at him was,

"Don't underestimate me. Eren will be mine."

------ time skip------

They all sat in the hospital as the doctor checked Eren's vitals and made sure the drug was out of his system and hadn't caused any damage to his heart or other organs.

Levi was silently seething over the fact that he had missed when he shot at Matt. He would love to see that man's head on a stick right now for trying to hurt Eren this way.

Hanji was talking with Erwin over how Matt got the drug into the Eren's cup let alone how he even got his hands on such a thing. He clearly knew their schedules and planned out everything down to the second.

"Eren's Family?"

The doctor called.

They all hurried over to him and hoped to go straight back to see Eren but He had some things to say first.

"Well, uh, as you know Mr.Jaeger was given a drug to stop his heart. Fortunately, he will be fine with some rest. But, he is a little confused right now. He remembers getting home and then the rest is blank for him. It's usual for patients who went through sudden cardiac trauma such as his to have some time missing, so he may start to remember when he is back home. For now I suggest only one or two visitors at a time as to not overwhelm him. Who would like to come back and see him?"

Hanji and Erwin looked at Levi and he nodded before following the doctor down the hall to Eren's room. He gave a quiet knock before entering.

Eren was sitting upright with Titan laying by his feet as usual. When Titan saw it was Levi he laid his head back down but kept an eye on them as Levi pulled up a chair and asked,

"How are you feeling?"

Eren looked a little worried and the heart monitor sped up slightly making Levi worry a little.

"Well," Eren said, "I don't remember much but I heard the doctor say Matt did something to cause this and Titan has seemed more alert, but...."

He trailed off. Levi gently grabbed his hand to reassure him and asked,

"But?"

"Well, i'm sorry if i caused this and i know you must be mad and Hanji's probably disappointed , i can't remember but i probably did something and i'm so sorry that i can't,"

Levi squeezed his hand and reached up to wipe the Omega's tears and made sure to release a calming scent to help him calm down.

"Eren. Kitten, you did nothing wrong. Matt gave you a pill in your drink to temporarily stop your heart so he could take you from me. But, I promise that won't happen and none of us are mad or upset. You're gonna be fine and I promise to protect you okay?"

Eren let out a small giggle and held Levi's hand to his cheek

"I forgot about that nickname."

"Well if i remember correctly it was your favorite."

"Yeah, It is. Levi?"

"Yes, kitten?"

"I'm really tired, um... will you stay with me please?"

"Of course."

Levi got up and kissed his forehead before laying down next to Eren and wrapping his arms around the boy who began to softly purr which put a smile on the Alpha's face. Soon they were both sound asleep and left the guarding of the door to Titan who seemed to be more content now that Levi was here to also help protect their precious boy.

A/N: Sorry i've been gone so long. I have been changing my life a lot and moving back to Denver from Portland. I did two years of college getting an art degree but decided to drop that this year to train to be an EMT. so yeah a lot of changes in my life but i'm hoping to get back on a regular update schedule. Next week will be a long chapter. Anyway Thanks for all the support!!