4. Under

Thursday

Hopie-Hyung: 8:15 AM

How are you, bro? Things are starting to calm down after the company released statements about your health. They still need us to go ahead with the press conference as soon as you're back. I hope the fans are giving you two some space and that you're enjoying the rest of your time off. Looking forward to seeing you soon, Kookie!!!!!!!! ~~

Jungkook had fainted on stage. Other idols had as well, so he didn't get why the media were making such a big deal out of him. And since when had Bangtan ever been this popular? Jungkook sighed as he sent out a reply.

Sent: 8:19 AM

I'm good, hyung. I hope you are too, same with the members. That's good to hear and I think that if it clears up all this drama, I'll be ok with it. The fans are okay, a few followed us out yesterday but it bothered Dae more then me. Guess I'm just used to it by now. I'll enjoy it if you enjoy your own rest back in Seoul. See you soon, talk to you later!

Jungkook finished off his text with a line of flowery emoticons before tossing his phone onto his bed and heading out in direction of the kitchen. The loud racket could be heard even with the bedroom door closed, which meant that Jungkook's brother was most likely trying to cook something other than instant.

Jungkook was proved right as he walked through the kitchen door to find his brother kneel-ed in front of the kitchen cabinet, rummaging through the pots and pans. There was vegetables chopped on the cutting board that sat on top of the counter and a pan sizzling on the stove, the meat evidently burning.

"Er, hyung?" Jungkook cleared his throat. His brother had never possessed the proper skills needed for cooking decent meals, but Jungkook still felt flattered that he was trying.

"Oh, hey Kookie! Did you have a good sleep?" Jeon Dae asked the younger.

"Yeah," Jungkook said, carefully eyeing the food that was slowly burning behind his brothers back. "Hyung?"

"Yeah?" Jeon Dae turned his head, catching Jungkook's worried look before his eyes landed on the stove. "Ah!" He hastily got to his feet, banging his shin on the cupboard door in the process and stumbled forward, smacking his face on the edge of the stove. Howling and slapping a hand over his nose, he fell backwards onto his bottom. To add to the chaos, the pan caught fire and the top corner of the stove began to burn.

"Jungkook!" The older shrieked.

"Stop! Just calm down!" Jungkook yelled over the sound of the fire alarm. He carefully picked up the stove by the handle and hurried over to the sink where he stuck it under dish water. Smoke flew up into his face as he coughed and stood back, fanning the smoke away from his face. He picked up a tea towel and waved it over the rising smoke, then stood on a chair and reached up to the fire alarm to deactivate it.

All the while Jeon Dae sat on the floor trying hard to nurse all three of his wounds, already whinging about how much pain he was in.

"Aish, seriously hyung, what were you doing? You know you can't cook," Jungkook laughed breathlessly.

"Hey," Jeon Dae pinched his eyebrows together. "Watch what you're saying, kid. I was making you breakfast."

Jungkook shook his head with a smile before helping his brother to his feet, the older's nose already beginning to swell.

"I didn't know my little brother had the brains to know how to put out a fire," Jeon Dae smirked.

"Genes you obviously didn't get," Jungkook threw back, getting an eye roll in response. "What were you trying to make, anyway?"