Chapter fourteen

Aaliyah and Jameel left the church, and slowly began to walk home. Aaliyah kept looking over her shoulder every few minutes. Jameel looked behind to see what she was looking at, but saw nothing. "What's wrong?" "Jameel, we are being followed." Jameel grabbed Aaliyah's hand, and together they ran. It was no use because they were surrounded in minutes. It was the same men as earlier today, only this time they had brought back up.

"Please let us go. We haven't done anything to you. Please, we got three kids. They're going to need their mum and dad."

"You can go", said one of the men, gesturing to Aaliyah, "it's him we want. He beat up some of our guys. He has to pay."

"No" yelled Aaliyah, "I won't let you hurt him."

"Move out of the way" said one man, as he grabbed Aaliyah's arm and pushed her away.

"No" yelled Aaliyah, as she fought back. She ran to Jameel and stood in front of him. "You can't hurt him. I won't let you hurt him."

Jameel pushed Aaliyah out of the way, "go."

"No, I'm not leaving you. I can't lose you again."

The men closed in on them. Jameel grabbed Aaliyah and put her behind him. Aaliyah managed to get back in front, and managed to hurt a few, using her self defence classes lessons. Aaliyah was grabbed and pushed to the side. Her and Jameel managed to chase a few away, but she was thrown to the side, and hit her head, and blacked out. She could hear fighting, but didn't know what was happening. When she awoke, she found the men gone, and Jameel knocked out cold, on the floor.

"Jameel" she yelled, running to him. She cradled him in her arms. "Wake up, come on honey wake up. I can't lose you again. Your latte needs you." Jameel remained still as Aaliyah yelled at him, "wake up. Your latte needs you. I can't do this alone. I can't lose you, after everything. Get up, otherwise I'll never talk to you again." Jameel lay there silent as Aaliyah kept trying to wake him