Chapter twenty one

Aaliyah was asleep, when her eyes shot open

"Jameel, where are the children?"

"Latte, it two in the morning. Please go to sleep." Aaliyah sat up and shook Jameel awake. "I can't sleep. I'm hungry." "How can you be hungry? Didn't you eat enough at dinner?" "What does that mean? Can't I be hungry again? Come, let's go get me something to eat. Get up." Jameel looked at his watch. "It's two am. What shops going to be open now? Try to sleep. In a few hours, the shops will be open. We'll go then." "I can't wait until morning. If I don't eat something now, I won't be able to sleep. Please Jameel, your my husband. Can't you do this one thing for me?" "Aaliyah, I love you. You know I'd do anything for you, but please let me sleep."

Aaliyah grabbed her pillow and stormed off. She went into the kitchen but found nothing to eat. She lay on the sofa and tried to sleep. Her tummy rumbling loudly, didn't allow her to sleep. She got up and tried to watch television. She began to drift off, when she felt someone shake her awake. She looked up and saw her husband standing there. "You didn't think I'd leave you hungry. Come on, let's go." Aaliyah smiled and off they went. "I told you there'd be nothing open at this time." "Please keep looking." "Aaliyah, we've been driving around for hours but nothing. What do you want me to do?"

Aaliyah looked at her husband and hugged him, then slowly kissed him. "Thank you." "For what?" "Even though we found nothing, it still meant a great deal to me that you actually brought me out and took the trouble to try find something for me. Especially at this hour." "Aaliyah, you know I'd do anything for you." Just then, Aaliyah noticed something. "Jameel, that place is open. Let's go." Jameel pulled up and Aaliyah practically ran in. Aaliyah ordered all her favourites, whilst Jameel sat there in silence. "Don't you want anything?" "I'm not hungry. You eat. I'm just enjoying my view." Aaliyah got a bit of cake and lovingly fed her guy. Jameel fed her back too.

After eating, they drove home with Aaliyah snuggled up to Jameel in the car. Jameel put Aaliyah in bed and got in to. 

"I love you Jameel" Aaliyah whispered

"Love you latte"