Chapter 11- A Lying, Very Naked Witch

Hope's POV~

I woke up before Lily did. So I was just laying there with her in my arms, thinking that I'm really happy I have her. My thoughts got interrupted when Lily's grip on my tightened and she started whimpering and shaking. She was having another nightmare. I went to rub her back for comfort, and she flinched. I just continued to rub her back and coo her softly to try and make her feel safe so the nightmare would stop, since it's not good to wake someone from a night terror.

And it didn't work. What really got me worried was when I saw her hands glow red. She siphoned me. "Oh shit." I whisper to myself, thinking quickly, I put a barrier around the bed. Right as I did that magic surged out of her cracking the bed frame, but thanks to my spell it didn't damage any of her stuff. Realizing that it's only getting worse, I have to wake her up. So I start shaking her awake. "Lily, Lily you have to wake up. Lily." then she shot awake, which also caused her to hit our heads together. "Ow!" we yelled at the same time and touched our foreheads.

After a second, she moved and sat at the end of her bed, resting her feet on the bench in front of it and holding her head in her hands. Sighing, I went over to her, put my legs on either side of her and wrapped my arms around her waist from behind, resting my head on her right shoulder. Brushing some hair behind her ear I speak quietly, "Lil... I know you don't want to... But it might be time to start taking your medicine again. I haven't seen your nightmares this bad since you killed someone for the first time a few years ago."

She just shook her head before responding, "His name was Andrew Allen, and that was in self defense. This... This was different, Hope. I chose to do that to those people. I... Liked... Doing that to those people. God, what's wrong with me." This made me shake my head, "Hey, hey, there is nothing wrong with you. You weren't you okay? That wasn't really you Lily, this is you. The person who bakes souffles, sing songs from every musical ever created, can quote Star Wars and Harry Potter word for word. The person who loves playing the piano and singing with her sister. The person who will make someone soup if they're sick and make me all my favorite foods when I'm feeling upset. That's who you are. Not the person you were when you shut off your humanity. Because your humanity Lily, makes you who you are."

When I finish saying that, she nods a little, but she's still looking down. So, I did what any girlfriend would do to make their girlfriend feel better. I gently and lovingly kissed her shoulder, then her neck, then her cheek, then I used my hand to grab her chin and make her face me. Looking her in the eyes, I could see that she was still upset, so I kissed her, hoping to take some of the pain away, or at the very least distract her from it. And it worked, because she kissed me back.

After a while, the need to breathe became a thing, so we pulled away. Catching our breaths, I placed my forehead on hers whilst putting my hand on the side of her face before saying "I love you, Lillian Estrella Forbes-Salvatore. I will never stop loving you. I will love the worst parts of you along with the best. And I will never leave you again intentionally Lily." when I said this she smiled. A real smile, making me smile too.

"I love you too Hope Andrea Mikaelson. And I will always be here for you, day or night, to make sure that you're okay. And if you're not, I'll be here with you to help you through it... But right now I'm going to shower." She says the last part getting and kissing my cheek, making me laugh.

--------------------------------------------------------------

While Lily was in the shower I was just drawing in a sketchbook I left in here. I've been wondering where it was. I was so endorsed in what I was doing that I didn't know Lily got out of the shower until the door opened. When I looked up I was awestruck, Lily walked out in just a towel, and she was using another one to dry her hair. She was also singing "Find light in the beautiful sea, I choose to be happy, you and I, you and I, we're like diamonds in the sky. You're a shooting star I see, a vision of ecstasy"