Chapter 22- Doves and Eulogies

Third Person POV~

Lily doesn't even notice Alaric and Kaleb coming in, or MG grabbing Hope and speeding away. She's just worried about losing one of her sisters. She only notices her adoptive father when he takes Lizzie from her arms. "Dad-" she says in a shaky and teary voice as he caresses Lizzie's face.

"Don't cry, dad. One less mouth to feed." Josie says as she stands up, and Lily starts to cry. "No! Y-y-you promised this year w-wouldn't be like last year Lizzie... You h-have to wake up." she says as she sobs.

And Josie speaks, though her sister doesn't hear her, "Don't cry, Lily. If you really want to be with her-" Josie starts, and with a small flick of the wrist, Alaric and Kaleb Hear a sickening crack, and they watch Lily's head turn to the left before she falls to the ground. "Oh my God, Josie." Alaric says as he hands Lizzie to Kaleb and goes to check in his other blonde daughter. After checking for a pulse, he looks down before looking at Josie with tears starting to fall. "You killed her." he says and Josie tilts her head.

"Don't worry. She's part vampire remember. She'll wake up. At least I think. We never really thought too hard about it but her transitioning into a full heretic was always just theory." Josie says and then she leaves. Making Alaric and Kaleb grab the blonde girls and take their bodies to his office, setting them both on a couch.

"Dr. S. Do you think they'll wake up?" Kaleb asks as he looks at both sisters. "I really hope so." he answers before calling a mandatory meeting.

------------------------------------------------------------

"This morning I told you that we would... All be okay. That we'd... Get Josie back." Alaric starts, choking back tears as he addresses his students. "I-I was wrong. Bed the Josie that we loved is gone. So is Lizzie... And-And so is Lily-" he continues

------------------------------------------------------------

"How'd I do?" Alaric asks as he and Kaleb walk into his office where MG is sitting there watching the blonde sisters. "I bought every word of it." Kaleb tells him. "If Jed is right about the spy in our midst, hopefully, they did too." Alaric says as he looks over at his daughters. "It won't be long now, if it worked. As for Lily, it usually takes about two hours so, I guess we'll later tonight." MG tells the two.

Just after MG says this, Lizzie shoots up, taking a deep breath. Alaric smiles and leans down to hug his daughter, who hugs him back tightly. After a second MG joins the hug as well. "Gotta give it to Hope. Hell of a plan." Kaleb says as he watches them. "I love you guys." MG says. "Dad, what's going on?" Lizzie asks as they pull away.

"You're alive sweetheart. That's all that matters right now." he tells his daughter and Lizzie is still a little confused. "That means that I won. That I-I" "Josie is fine. She thinks she won. Hope had a plan B." Alaric says and MG goes to explain, "The potion that she made, wasn't just to keep your mind separate from Jo's. It linked your life to Landon's temporarily, so when you died, he died, too. But since he's immortal, you came back when he did."

"Hope thinks we can get Josie back." Alaric says and Lizzie scrunches her eyebrows together. "How?" she asks and Kaleb points to MG, that's where you boy MG there came in the clutch. Calm down." he says as MG spreads his arms out and laughs. "I helped Hope do an old-fashioned vampire head dive. That's why you had to go through with the merge. Hope needed Josie to be vulnerable. Josie's shields were down so I sent Hope into Josie's mind. And then I juked her out of there before anybody even knew what were doing."