Chapter One: The Outsider

(Amelia in the photo above)
To my wonderful readers:
Thank you so much for giving my story a chance. I know the first chapters are a bit slow but it will all set the scene for the world I created and that I want you to be apart of! These characters mean a lot to me and it's about time I finally introduce them to you all. I hope you enjoy, and don't forget to comment thoughts, questions, and or criticism. Much Love, Mia Nicole

I found myself more excited than anxious for my journey as I hugged my adoptive mother and father one last time, I would have appreciated the moment for far longer had I known that it would be our last goodbye, but I wouldn't have changed what hap...

I found myself more excited than anxious for my journey as I hugged my adoptive mother and father one last time, I would have appreciated the moment for far longer had I known that it would be our last goodbye, but I wouldn't have changed what happened for the world. It was inevitable, as all things are.

My mother wiped the tears from her face and forced a smile, I knew she would miss me, but I just couldn't take the dry desert that we called home any longer. She cleared her throat, "Now Amelia, call me as soon as the plane lands, and don't forget to call me every weekend, and-"

She was abruptly cut off by my understanding father, "Darling, she's going to miss her flight!" He kissed my forehead and looked down at me with his apologetic smile. "I love you Amelia, be safe sweetheart," he reluctantly pulled away.

My big brown eyes were overflowing with tears but I forced a smile even as my lip quivered. I brushed my hair behind my ear so I could see the two who raised me more clearly.

My mother sighed and glared at him briefly before pulling me close once more and whispering, "One more thing, stay away from boys! They are ravenous wolves Amelia, wolves I say!" She was stern but I couldn't help but laugh my obnoxious laugh and smile, "Yes mother, boys are wolves, I get it. I love you both, but I really have to go!"

With one more glance behind my shoulder I saw my parents waving back to me. I ran to the terminal and made it just in time with my carryon bag filled to capacity.

When I sat in my seat a sigh of relief slipped out as I closed my eyes and thought to myself, Twisp, I hope you're ready for Amelia Rose as much as she's ready for you...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After my plane had landed I found myself a rental car, well, rental truck. An old, red, 1989 Chevy was all the rental place had to offer that was still in my budget, but I didn't mind, it fit the rustic aura of the small town.

I drove to the town of Twisp and as I entered I read their little quaint sign that fit their persona perfectly, "Entering Twisp," I smiled to myself until I heard the GPS screech, "Turn left in the next 300 feet."

As I drove for miles down the most horrid dirt road imaginable, I saw the adorable cottage I would be renting come into view.