Chapter Four: Mimi's Diner

(Gamma Jenna in the photo)

Mimi's Diner is packed full all day with truck drivers, tourists, and pack members

Mimi's Diner is packed full all day with truck drivers, tourists, and pack members. But from 3:00 to 4:00pm the tourists and drivers are scarce, making it the perfect time for pack bonding. I made sure to visit the establishment as often as possible, reassuring the pack that they were being well taken care of.

I walked inside the retro-fitted diner to find smiling faces and sure enough, there wasn't an outsider in sight.

"Christopher!" Jenna screeched, surely by now she has told everyone about my mate.

Sebastian sighed, walking over to me he shook his head, "Sorry Alpha, she has no restraint, she told every man, woman, and child, needless to say they are all overjoyed. Jenna is just happy to have another girl her age besides Shania living in the Pack House" he poked her shoulder.

"FINALLY! I'm so sick of all the testosterone in that mansion, I hope she's girly- no wait- I hope she's a tomboy! Wait, who am I kidding? I'll be happy with her no matter what kind of person she is!" She clapped her hands together and her eyes were gleaming with anticipation.

I groaned and made my way over to the counter, sitting in my usual spot on a stool. I didn't mind the fact that my pack was comfortable with me, I wanted them to respect me, not fear me. Call me a pushover.

"What will it be today Alpha? The usual?" Mimi smiled at me from behind the counter.

"Mom, do you really even have to ask?" Sebastian laughed and took his place beside me, Jenna was seated on his other side.

"Well someday he might want to change it up a bit!" She hit her son with the spatula she had handy.

"Ouch- mother!" He whined like a pup.

Sometimes the banter grew too much for me, and I wanted them all to shut up, my fathers influence I suppose. He was far more strict than I am and he often reminds me of that fact.

I nodded to her and she quickly ran into the kitchen, "George! Whip up some chocolate chip pancakes with a dash of cinnamon for our Alpha!" She hollered.

I need a break already. I pushed away from the counter, heading towards the bathroom I got a good whiff of chocolate and cinnamon.

Ah, the pancakes are already being made.