Chapter Sixteen: Hateful Touch

"Mother, Father," I walked into my father's office to find them whispering about something they obviously didn't want others to hear

"Mother, Father," I walked into my father's office to find them whispering about something they obviously didn't want others to hear. I shut the door and walked over as my mother avoided my gaze.

"We know why you're here Christopher, Luke took Amelia, didn't he?" My father sighed.

"Yes, I tried to tell you both through the mind-link but you kept blocking me out... tell me what the hell is going on," I skipped the formalities, obviously my parents were keeping something from me.

"Sit down Christopher, there's something we've been meaning to tell you," my father motioned to an empty chair.

"Please just hear us out..." my mother put a hand on my shoulder.

"130 years ago our family came to Washington and we quickly made a name for ourselves as businessmen. Your great great grandfather William Twisp had been looking for his mate for many years without success. Finally he gave up and accepted an arranged marriage to Emilie Willows, hoping to continue the pure Alpha family lineage. He didn't know at the time however, that she had already met her fated mate, a human," my father paused.

I shifted in my chair uncomfortably, it was extremely rare to be mated to a human and most of the time the werewolf gives up on them, like I gave up on Amelia.

"Her family had insisted she did not have a mate. So when he heard that his betrothed had run away with another male, he assumed that she was rejecting him for a stronger werewolf. He tracked them down in order to challenge him for her hand in marriage," he cleared his throat as my mother stayed silent.

"Rather than the male however, Emilie challenged William and fought him trying to protect her mate. But to William, he just saw the male as weak for letting her fight his own battle. In a fit of rage he killed the man and dragged Emilie back to his pack, thinking he had won her over. When Emilie had regained consciousness however, she felt the pain and loss of her mate and cried for years and years. William felt horrible for killing her mate, disgusted with the Willows Family's lies, he went into hiding with her and his pack even when the Willow Pack tried to hunt them down," he sighed.

"We've been enemies ever since of course... but that isn't the point. Luke was the human that William killed."

"What?!" I snapped, "That's impossible..."

"No son, it's very possible. Luke was turned into a vampire after he was attacked. When he came to he used his powers to fight werewolves as he tried to save Emilie from William,"

"Emilie would have felt his presence!" I paused, "but his heart isn't beating," I sighed in realization.

"William slowly started to go insane with possessiveness over Emilie, angry at the fact she didn't want anything to do with him..." my father clenched his jaw, "he kept her prisoner, he beat her, raped her, and abused her..." his voice cracked, obviously the idea of a Twisp doing such a horrid thing hurt my father, "Emilie couldn't get pregnant, her body rejected his sperm and killed it off like a virus,"