Chapter Nineteen: Willow Pack

(Zane in photo above)

My legs felt sort of like jelly, and every now and then I had to lean on Christopher for support

"Maybe we should have waited until after we captured Luke..." Chris mumbled with a concerned expression.

"I'm fine..." I elbowed him playfully, "but what do you mean by captured?" I hadn't heard about their plan until now, and I was overall confused as to why they had taken such drastic measures of defense in the first place.

"Since Luke kidnapped you, now he'll come back," he shrugged.

"But Chris, I went with him willingly," I corrected him.

His hand stopped reaching for the doorknob, "What?" He looked at me.

"He wanted me to hear his side of the story and I wanted to know too," I crossed my arms, "Luke didn't do anything wrong..."

Christopher let out a sharp growl, "Don't fucking say that Amy, he forced you to do things... not caring about your feelings at all. He's delusional."

I sighed, still coming to terms with the fact I was 'raped' by Luke. I feel like I should have known better than to lead him on.

"I don't want you to hurt him, Chris..." I pleaded.

Suddenly Christopher slammed his fist against the door and slumped his shoulders.

"I'll try not to Amy... but you gotta understand that when you defend him like that, it really pisses me off," he clenched his jaw.

I gently placed my arms around him, giving him a hug from behind. The action calmed him instantly as he sighed.

"I'm sorry, but if he hurts someone Amy I'm not going to just stand there and do nothing."

"I get that, so let me talk to him then."

"What?" He turned around and brought his arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

"I can try and reason with him, tell him that I chose you. Maybe he'll understand," I swallowed, unsure if he would even listen.

"Fine, but I need to be next to you the whole time," he kissed the top of my head, for a second I winced, reminded of Luke's kisses upon my forehead.

"There's something else you should know..." Christopher muttered.

"What is it?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It's better if I show you," he reached down and held one of my hands as he opened the door with the other. I'm almost positive we still smelt like sex, and most likely the pack members downstairs had heard our noises of love, but I held my head up high regardless. He led me down the hallway and down the stairs, I was met with hundreds of eyes like the first day I came to the Pack House. Although this time there were even more unfamiliar faces, and they were crying.