Chapter Fourteen: His Touch

"We're here," Luke placed me down gently on the balcony of a mansion smaller than the Pack House and to my surprise, it was also far more modern

"We're here," Luke placed me down gently on the balcony of a mansion smaller than the Pack House and to my surprise, it was also far more modern. He opened the glass doors to reveal a large bedroom, it was very extravagant for a single person to be living here.

"Do you live alone?" I found myself asking.
"Yes," he walked inside, "I don't even use half of the rooms here," he gave a small smile.
"I bet it gets lonely then..." I trailed my fingers along the grey curtains. There wasn't anything colorful in sight. How depressing...
"It certainly does get a bit lonely at times..." he trailed off then turned towards me, leaning against a desk, "but I bought a bigger house in hopes that you could move here," he waited for my reaction.

"I prefer smaller homes," I shrugged.
"Oh," he began to tap the desk and looked down in concentration, seemingly taking a mental note, "I understand, I'll buy a smaller house tomorrow," he nodded.
"What?!" What kind of person makes a decision like that?

"Everything I do Amelia, I do for you," he began to walk towards me and I stood my ground.
"You don't understand just how much you mean to me..." he reached out to caress my cheek before suddenly pulling his hand away, "I'm sorry... I can't help myself..." he looked down like a sad puppy.
My breath hitched in my throat and for the first time I found myself at a loss for words. Although he has severe control and possessiveness issues, at least he tries.

"You're okay..." I walked over towards the bed and sat down, crossing my legs criss-cross applesauce style and all that jazz.
"You need to tell me your side of the story now, Luke," I pat the bed, "sit"
He listened to me obediently and sat with his legs hanging off the bed. For the first time I noticed how nice his body actually was, he was fit... perhaps not as much as Christopher... but his facial structure was absolutely gorgeous.

He finally began to speak, telling me the saddest story that I've probably ever heard in my entire life. However, once he explained that he had kidnapped me because I looked like Emilie, I was reminded of his sick thought process.

This man is delusional, after wanting to die for so long the only thing that saved him was the thought of me being his replacement for Emilie. It's sad really, mental illness is no joke.

"Luke," I pat his shoulder, we had both been crying in silence for a few minutes, "I am not Emilie," I shook my head.
He avoided my gaze, staring at the floor as I continued, "I am so sorry that happened to you, you did not deserve that and neither did she... William Twisp was a monster but you can't just blame every werewolf for his actions," I found myself defending my kind.

"YOU'RE WRONG!" I quickly took my hand back, shocked at his raised voice. He desperately tried to calm himself, rocking back and forth, "I-I'm sorry Emilie... God, I'm so sorry!" He sobbed.

I'm not Emilie, Luke.
I sighed and decided to scoot over and hug him tightly, this man was hurting- and all I could do was be there for him.
"Shhh... it's okay Luke, everything's going to be okay..." I rubbed his back as he regained his composure. His smell was overwhelming- it almost smelled as nice as Christopher. It was different though, a earthy but also minty smell.