Chapter Twenty: Betrayal

Not knowing what came over me, I quickly apologized

"I'm sorry... I don't know why I'm so protective over him."

"You're fine Luna, werewolves have a deep bond with their relatives. You have no control over it," Sebastian cleared his throat.

Jenna smiled and patted my shoulder to comfort me and probably also to comfort herself.

"I'm not sure what exactly you plan on doing Jenna, but for now let's just focus on Luke." Christopher reminded us. He turned to face me.

"Did you mean what you said earlier Amy? That you'll..." he trailed off.

"Kill Luke?" I paused for a moment, saying it aloud made my body tense up with rejection.

"Of course," I lied through my teeth, "if he has to die, it needs to be by my hands." I declared.

"I agree." Mr. T interrupted our circle with Mrs. T.

"You must avenge yourself." he turned away from me, "Regardless of our ancestor's wrongdoing, Luke's attacks have gone on for far too long. Furthermore, he raped and defiled our young Luna."

"FATHER." Christopher growled, "DO NOT SPEAK THAT WAY."

"What Christopher? This is fact, there is no way of sugar-coating what he did to your mate." He spat.

Mrs. T attempted to pull her husband out of the room, "Sweetheart, let's leave them be."
She pleaded.

Suddenly we were all halted by a connection in the mind-link, it was Shania reporting that Luke had entered Twisp's territory.

"Let's go." Christopher grabbed my hand and escorted me out of the room.

The main hall was still filled with pack members who were now scrambling to make a pathway for me and Christopher. I saw Zane nodding approvingly at me, and then I noticed that Jenna was walking beside me. He didn't even give her a glance...

My biological parents were holding onto one another consolingly, seemingly overwhelmed with my rejection.

All of it was white noise, I needed to get there before Luke hurts anyone or vice versa.

This is actually happening...

Soon everyone was shifting into their wolves, standing and waiting behind Christopher and I outside.

Of course, now was not the time for me to shift. I can see it now, I would be a total klutz and have no control.

Christopher noticed my hesitation, "Don't worry," he reassured me through the mind-link.

Soon his body morphed into his wolf, I imagine he is still exhausted from earlier so I felt guilty but none the less I climbed on. This time more confident in where to grab his fur so I could actually sit up as he ran.