Chapter Twentytwo: Missing Mate

My mate was acting strangely ever since we brought up Luke

My mate was acting strangely ever since we brought up Luke. Most likely, she was excited to avenge herself just as she had done before with Shania.

After we had bathed, we got dressed for bed and I found my goddess laid out under the sheets for me. Finally, I had someone to sleep beside.

"Tired?" I hobbled over, still feeling the pain.

"Exhausted... but you haven't gotten rest in days either," she smiled and patted the bed.

I slid under the covers beside her and pulled her into my big/little spoon caress, I could lie and say she fit perfectly but it wasn't true. My arms were too bulky to provide her the comfort she deserved. I sighed and settled for her head resting upon my chest with one arm around her.

"Finally..." I whispered, in response she gave a quiet giggle and snuggled herself into me.

"Thank you..." she mumbled, "for everything Christopher."

Well that was odd... "Of course beautiful, and thank you too. I haven't been this happy in a long ass time, you're breaking down my walls already!" I closed my eyes contented. She didn't respond although I thought I heard a soft sigh.

Sleep soon encased me, I needed the rest. When I woke up, I noticed the time was 9:00 am.

Shit, we slept in.
Wait... we?

I sat straight up, Amelia was gone. I was so exhausted I hadn't noticed her smell was faint.

"Amy?" I called to her, wondering if she was in the bathroom. Searching the room I found it was empty.

"Amy?" I cooed through our mate mind-link.

No response.

"Alright haha, not funny Amy, are you downstairs already? Sorry, I would have helped with breakfast!"

Silence.

I sighed and believed she was ignoring me over something I had done, whatever it was I felt sorry as hell already.

"I'm sorry if I did something in my sleep Amy, but could you tell me what's wrong?" I scratched my head and headed out the door.

"Alpha!"

"Amy?" I questioned the girly voice, still tired.

"No, it's Jenna! I don't know exactly how to say this..."

"Spit it out Gamma," I was getting really anxious and so was my wolf, I soon started to walk as fast as my healing leg could possibly go.

"Luke is missing!"

"WHAT?" I finally reached the bottom of the stairs and found everyone scrambling, Zane and Sebastian were arguing while Jenna tried to split them up.