Chapter Twelve: A Kid//Snow

A/N: I dont favor this much, but ive been told I should post things even if I dont think they're the best. Both are considered "fillers" --  that I didnt want to post on their own -- that fit well together at this point. There will be another update after this before Expectations at some point, due to the short chapter. Hope you all still enjoy!

Emmanuel trailed his hands up the door, the other holding the frame as to close it as quiet as possible. With the click of the lock, he let out a huff of air, rubbing his two hands together in attempts to warm them. His eyes fell over to the bed, taking note of the body under the sheets. A small, pitiful smile crawled up his neck, planting itself over his mouth. 

His fingers latched onto the zipper of his coat, tearing it down and freeing his arms that would soon throw the coat over the side of a chair to the left.

“It’s snowing outside.” He mumbled softly, crouching down and undoing the laces on his boots. He watched the body for any movement, frowning slightly at none.

 “It’d be perfect if those rotting corpses weren’t walking all over it…?” He offered, hoping to get some sort of reply. His eyebrows furrowed in slight worry, feet stepping out of his boots.

“...Barry?”

The blonde didn’t even look up from the book in his lap. “What, Emmanuel…?”

“...You weren’t replying to me.”

An eyebrow raised, shoulders rising and falling in a shrug. “I don’t have anything to say.”

Emmanuel grit his teeth nervously, rolling his jaw. “...Is it because of earlier?”

Barry rolled his eyes. “No, it’s because the japanese used water to torture people, centuries ago,”

Eyebrows narrowed. 

Barry watched the man’s expression-- the sudden spike in interest written on his face -- and narrowed his own eyebrows. “Are you fucking kidding me?”

“What?”

“You’re-” Barry growled under his breath, shaking his head and throwing the sheets off him. His feet swung over the side of the bed, book laying face down on the mattress as he reached for his shoes. “-unbelievable... “

Emmanuel frowned, watching the boy put on his shoes. “What-?”

“-You need to get your attitude in check, Emmanuel.” 

The dark haired man raised an eyebrow. “You didn’t seem to mind it before?”

“Before, you weren’t throwing people over chairs or holding them against walls to choke them.” 

Emmanuel crossed his arms, watching the boy stand. 

“One day, and I pray it isn’t soon, you’re going to hit her head hard enough that she dies.” Emmanuel rolled his eyes. “Would you give any of us up if you were treated like that?!”

“I wouldn’t give any of you up. Period.”

Barry gestured. “Exactly.”

“I’m a trained soldier, Barry. She’s- a kid.”

Barry shook his head. “-and yet you don’t seem to see that when you’re throwing your fist into her face.”

Emmanuel frowned, watching the boy grab his coat.

“Barry-” “-just-” The blonde looked towards him, head shaking. “-leave it. Figure out how to 
deal with your shitty attitude or I will…”