The Beaver Problem

Kopa POV
"Hey kid wake up" said Ishi.
I opened my eyes to see Ishi and Mira standing over me.
"We want to get a headstart on the day".
"Alright let's go". We stepped out of the den.
"Which way you guys".
They looked around.
"East" they said.
We began our days journey heading east. East lead us out of a desert in a woodland are not quite like I had seen before. Tall tree with massive stumps were all around. They appeared to touch the clouds. The rivers were a beautiful blue shade. They were also clam and not raging like other river on the trip. Ishi and Mira stopped.
"Come kid help us get one of these logs in the water, If we ride them we can reach the next stopping point before sundown".
I walked over to the patch of downed trees to search for ones to ride on. It was terrible to see all these dead trees lying around rottening away until they are nothing. I found two small trees and pushed them back to the river.
"Alright kid now we will show you how to ride one, the main thing is to keep your balance. If you have to sit down then that's fine". They pushed their log in and hoped on.
"Come kid" Ishi called
I took a big breath then pushed it in. I jumped on barely able to keep a float. I had to sit to keep my balance.
"That's it kid you're getting it now watch out for derby to might cause you to crash" said Mira.
"Okay".
I said behind them. I began to think about my dream. Who was that lioness in my dream. Why did I imagine her so old. Was there a reason. Why did I imagine her saying those things. I don't even know what she was talking about. My thinking was brought to a quick end when my log crashed into a stick blockage in the river. If I hadn't been sitting I would have been knocked off.
Ishi and Mira and parked their log on the bank and where calling to me.
"Kid you okay".
"Yeah but what is this".
"Come back to the bank".
I got off the log and seam to them.
When I reached the bank I began to shake off.
"What is that".
"A beaver dam" said Ishi.
"Beavers build dams to control the water flow" said Mira.
A bunch of beavers came over the dam.
"Hey what's the big idea you three" said one.
"We're sorry sir we were just floating down the river when our friend here zoned out. We are real sorry" said Ishi
"You had better be".
"Sir there is a breach in the dam" said another beaver.
"What".
"Yeah it's..."
As he was about to speak the dam broke and the water poured out spilling water into the empty ravine.
"Now look what you three did. Now all the animals in that direction will have a hard time catching any fish".
I could tell Ishi and Mira were thinking of a way to run.
"Can we help rebuild the..."
"Uh let us talk to him for a minute".
"Don't go far" said the beaver.
They pulled me aside by the ear.
"Ouch let go of my ear".
"Kid what do you think you were about to do".
"Ask to help rebuild the dam".
"Kid that dam only allowed water to flow to that beaver riches forest over there. All the land past that is dead or lacking water. The animals they refer to are themselves."
"So this was a good thing then".
"Yes".
"Okay but they will kill us if we leave, I mean did you see how many there were"
"Yeah that's what we are trying to come up with".
"Hey where did you three go" yelled the beavers.
"What if we just run they can't catch us" I said.
"Alright but follow us then kid". We took out running as fast as we could north.
"Hey" yelled the beavers "Everyone we got runners.
Suddenly hundreds of beavers chased us through the woods. They through rocks at us as well.
"Keep running kid don't let up" called Mira.
We ran and ran. They chased us for w very long time. At about dark the rocks stopped flying. We slowed down and stopped for the night.
"Woo okay let's not mess with anymore beavers" I said.
"We that was all you kid" traded Mira.
"How far off course are we".
"Not by much, maybe a few hours".
"Okay well after that run on my bad legs has got me tired". I laid down for bed. My limp had vanished but I still had nerve pain all throughout my back legs when I ran. Soon I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke in the same open field as last night bit this time a lion waited for me.
He had a black mane and a long scar across his eyes. I think it was my Great Uncle Scar. He was also just a floating head in smoke.
"Ah if it isn't Kopa, still alive I see even after Zira my mate had killed you".
"She didn't kill me Scar".
"Oh I know but she did let me give you my gift, the rage of elders. You see I was in possession of two powers of the elders it and the roar. I had the roar first then the rage. I will tell you now kid, controlling it will be the most difficult thing you have ever done".
"We will see Scar".
"Eventually everything little thing will make you angry".
I didn't respond. That was already starting.
"Kopa you had a dream yesterday about a female lioness telling you gibberish. That lioness was Sarabi and it wasn't gibberish"
My grandma is dead.
"What she said was true. You must not trust them fully".
"Trust who".
"The Serval".
"Why they saved me and are taking me home".
"No they aren't, ever since you could walk again they have been calling you and idot and have wanted to prank you so bad. Here I will so you" a portal opens and inside was a view of right now but not while I was asleep. They stood over me laughing.
"That kid is a doofus" said Ishi.
"Yeah crashing into that dam when zoned out and he actually believe old us when we told him that beavers where evil when they are slowly dying" said Mira.
"I can't believ he actually thinks we are going to the pridelands".
"Yeah having him as a repellent and tool is way to cool" said Mira.
So they are just using me for my stronged muscles and my lion intimidation.
"You see the pridelands are straight south from her past the forest, desert, tundra, and finally the backlands. Deal with them Kopa then remember the path I told you to follow" Scar vanished. Raged flowed through me like it never had before. I woke up. Ishi and Mira were looking out at the river and beavers. I shrugged over to them.
"Hey where are we going exactly" I said with rage.
"Woah kid you scared..."
"Where are we going exactly".
"The prides like you asked".
"I'm not as dumb as you think, I am starting to think that we aren't going in the right direction. The prides don't have forests like these".
"Okay we were trying to prank you because you love pranks" the said.
"So you decided to keep away from my home".
"Uh well..."
"I know the real reason, you think I am stupid and you want use me to heard off enemies and move large objects. It's very clear now".
"Well now you know kid what are..."
I couldn't hold back my rage anymore. I leaped forward onto the serval. After that everything is hazy.