The Forgotten Son

Kopa POV
I opened my eyes slowly.
"Nirmala...he's waking up" said a voice.
I looked around my vision a little blurry.
"Kopa good to see you awake" said Nirmala "How do you feel".
"Oh my head hurts...everything is blurry".
"Just stay calm your vision should return in a few seconds".
My vision slowly returned. Vitani was laying against me and Nirmala sat in front of me.
"Better now" said Nirmala.
"Yeah".
"Okay Kopa your injuries this time are a little more serious than last time".
"I can still walk on not aching legs right".
"Yes but wait a few days. You lost a lot of blood. You may feel dizzy and tired for the next few days and rest is good for it. You also have some minor burns on your neck but your fur has regrown over it already. Most of the flame just severely burned your mane. Don't worry your mane will come back but it may be a long time. You have scar on your face, back, and stomach. Here take a look. She pointed to a river near me I looked in. Three scars ran across my right eye. A small notch was also on my left ear.
(His scar would look something like this, ignore that it is on a human face and the blinded eye. His eye is completely fine)

"Well now I have one to match Kion's"

They laughed.
"It should fade over time, it isn't as deep but will leave some discoloration".
"Is he awake" said Nala and Simba entering the den.
"Yes, I will leave guys to chat" she said as she exited the den.
"How are you feeling Kopa" said Simba.
"My head hurts a little and I can barely move".
"Well you just stay here and rest. No more heroic acts for you right now" said Nala.
"Heroic acts" I said.
"Yeah apparently you saved a bunch of animals at the tree by leading them out of the fires. They just arrived yesterday" said Simba.
"What about Kion and the others".
"We are still searching for them, Scar moved them from the den".
"Oh"
Simba and Nala smiled.
"You know with your mane gone like that you look almost like you did when you were young" they said.
"Sire the search parties have found something" said Zazu.
"We got to go son but we will be back later".
They left. I almost forgot Vitani was next to me. She nuzzled into me. But with my burns it hurt.
"Ouch".
"Ooops sorry Kopa. I should have went with you to save the others".
"You did fine Vitani, with out you Surak and the others wouldn't have made it out".
"Yeah but you be hurting like this, I could have helped you. Maybe you wouldn't have been tortured by Scar and Zira". She was frantically saying things. I licked her cheek to calm her down.
"Vitani I will be fine as Nirmala says".
"Yeah but I still feel guilty" she lowered her head".
"Well you shouldn't, I don't blame you. I blame Scar".

Narrator POV
Vitani smiled at Kopa.
"I don't know how I made it through without you Kopa" she said.
"Well don't worry Vitani I'm not going anywhere because we are meant for each other". Silence fell over the den. To much silence. Vitani looked over and noticed that Kopa now laided back and was breathing way slower almost not at all.
"Kopa...Kopa are you..." she started frantically.
"Vitani...Vitani I'm okay, I was just resting as Nirmala says".
"Please tell next time when you are about to fall asleep".
"Okay mom" teased Kopa.
She laughed. She rested her head on top of his.
"You know you do look like your younger self without your mane" she said looking down. Kopa was asleep again with his head pressed against her. She smiled.
"Sleep well Kopa" she said as she lay her down to sleep as well.

Scar POV
"Blast that Kopa and his many friends" I said.
"Don't worry Scar we just need a new plan to get the pridelands" said Zira.
"Yes a new plan indeed".
"Uh sir if you don't mind me interjecting..." said Gamma.
"Hold your tongue Gamma Scar is thinking" said Zira.
"Let him speak".
"Well the Alpha's before me always said that if the enemy has lots of friends then make more friends than them then band together to take them out".
I gasped. I clasped my hands around Gamma's face squishing it.
"That's a brilliant idea we need friends of our own but who will help".
"We will" said an odd looking cat.
"Who are you".
"A serval and if you want to kill that Kopa we are in".
"You alone"
"No I have plenty of friends".
"Why do you want him dead so bad".
"He killed my brother and sister".