Return To The Hot Spring

Kopa POV
"Okay Vitani we should be nearing the tundra it might get a little cold".
"Do you still know where we are going".
"Yes sort of, this a more faster way but we should be on the edge. Today we should reach the hot springs where we can rest for the night". We began to walk again. The tundra hadn't changed, still colder than ever. It snowed at a steady pace, I walked beside Vitani so I wouldn't loose track of her in the snow. After awhile the snow started to stop. I climbed on top of a rock and in the distance was the hot spring.
"Just a little bit longer and we should..."I turned to see Vitani shivering uncontrollably. I jumped down next to  her.
"Vitani are you..." I felt her paw "You're freezing".
"I'm..o..o..kay k..ko..k..kopa let's ke..e..p going".
It started to snow again. Vitani shivered  so bad that she could barely walk.
"Here Vitani lean against me". She did. I led us to a warm rock cave. Warm rocks were warm rocks that existed a ways back in the caves here. In this den we didn't have to go back as far. She lay down on them and I laid next to her.
Her body was completely cold. The rocks and my body began to warm her. I lay my head next to her's.
"It's so cold, how are you not cold" said Vitani.
"I am a little but I guess I am use to it".
"I could have made it you know".
"No you wouldn't have, trust one time I thought the same thing and Bogus had to bring me back to the spring".
"Who's Bogus".
"He is in charge there".
Vitani looked at me.
"I can't believe you had to go through something like this" she said as she nuzzled me.
"Yeah but it was all worth it to get home ". I laided my head down on top of her head. Soon as the cave began to warm up she fell asleep. It wasn't hard for her to fall asleep. Soon I did as well.

Morning rose above the tundra. I woke slowly looking around. Vitani lay close to me and my head was on top of hers. I smiled as she slowly woke.
"You feing better today Vitani".
"Yeah...yawn...my feet aren't frozen".
"Alright then let's get to the hot springs".
"The sun is ...yawn...barely up though Kopa".
I nudged her up
"Trust me this is the warmest part of the day here". She stood up and we left.
I regained sight of the mountain. Luckily it wasn't to far away.
"What is this place exactly".
"Well it's a cavern full of warm ponds and steam, people stay here to escape the cold".
"When were you here last"
"Well since I was a teenager probably, Bogus taught me everything I know about survival".
"You spent that long walking around this tundra".
"Yeah I was here when it snowed bad and it got me lost, but eventually I found my way out". She didn't respond. She looked down.
"Ah here we are the Hot Springs".
There were two polar bear guards.
"What is business at hit springs lions".
"We like to take shelter here for the night, I know Bogus. My name is Kopa".
They looked at each other.
"Follow us". We entered the cavern past all the ponds into a separate are, Bogus' den.
"Bogus there are two lions here one says he knows you".
He peered around the guards and looked at me.
"Is that you Kopa" he said.
"Yeah it's me Bogus".
"Well you grown up since you were last here did you make it home".
"Yes but there is a problem we have to warn the tree of life about"
"Who is this" he said.
"This is Vitani she is traveling with me".
He smiled.
"I didn't know you had a lady friend Kopa".
Before we could say anything Bogus laughed.
"Well you guys can stay in that den over there, if you don't mind me asking what's wrong".
"Well a bunch of wolves are threatening to attack the tree of life in a few days and we going to warn them".
"Oh the wolves have been causing troubled where ever they go for the past while. They aren't to be taken lightly kid".
"I know I have had run ins with them before".
Vitani and I went to the den to rest up after walking in the extreme cold.
"You know I just thought of something".
"What is it Vitani".
"If the wolves were going to attack the tree of life then why would they spread the word around".
"Well they may not have directly spread it around, they could have been talking to one another wolf and someone heard it. Wolves aren't all that smart sometimes".
"I hope you are right Kopa".
"Don't worry Vitani we will leave in the morning and get there as quick possible"