10. A strange way to meet, isn't it?

In the previous chapter, a new student was introduced. Her name was Yua and she was an OOC. But don't you feel frustrated that the author-chan instead of moving ahead of the story, brings in some filler chapter. That is why, after being beaten up, ahh, I mean after Goddess Izanami-san, persuaded the author-chan, she is forced to, umm, I mean is gladly introducing new awaited characters.

"That Gintoki, where is he?? The class is about to start and he is nowhere to be seen.", you started saying to yourself. Ever since new students came to study in Shoka Sonjuku, you couldn't fully pay attention to Gintoki. Recently, he has been skipping classes a lot lately. "This time, I would give him a good beating. You wait and see, Gintoki.", you said with a dark aura appearing around you.

You sighed. "AND WHY THE HELL AM I SPEAKING TO MYSELF?!" Really, Gintoki definitely got on your nerves today. You searched for him at all the places you knew he might be. 'Where is Gintoki??'

Wait a minute, you were so frustrated, that you forgot to check him at the shrine up the hill.

•••••••••(At the shrine)••••••••••

A boy was climbing the steps leading to the shrine up the hill. He had long black hair which was tied in a ponytail and was wearing a green-colored kimono.

"I knew I'd find you here", the boy said.

Another boy who had purple-colored hair and wore blue-yellow kimono was lying down on the steps of the shrine until the first boy came.

"I hear you went on another rampage at school", the first boy continued, " Even the famed Military Arts Academy, where the future leaders of the country assemble, is not enough for you, is it, Takasugi?"

"Don't make me laugh, Katsura. They're all rich brats who only know how to use their parents' money or connections. I was told to take training seriously, so I did, that's all. Those morons don't even know how to fight. I can't wait to see what kind of future they'll lead this country to. "

"Takasugi... Do you realize that you're still among the fortunate. There are some people who can't even read because they're too poor and some who can't become a samurai, even if they want to."

"No wonder they let you join the school as a special case due to your prodigious mind. You've got a broad perspective. I'm sure you can become an admirable samurai there. An admirable samurai who'll serve his family and country and die for them. Unfortunately, I don't have such worthless ambitions."

"Then.... Just what kind of samurai do you want to be? Just where are you headed? "

"Beats me. My life would be much easier if I knew..."

Katsura turned around to see nine boys older than Takasugi and Katsura each standing with a wooden sword. One of them stepped forward and said, "Takasugi, I hear you took good care of my little brother. For the son of a plebe samurai, you've sure got some nerve. Know your place!!"